Kill Vista with 2 Keys Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
I like to mess around with Bill's operating systems because they are just perfect for a curious programmer like me. You can easily change the interface appearances, menu organisations, system messages and responses. Plus, you can pretty much 'build' your own windows from his...he he.

But this bug, I must say, is beyond laughable. By pressing the usual shortcut key combination [windows] + [E] for about 10-20secs(dnt knw why you would wanna do that:) ) it triggers an unstoppable execution of explorer launches. The system pretty much becomes unresponsive since the explorers will keep popping up till your system resources run out and your pc FREEZE!

ONLY WAY TO STOP THIS IS BY DOING A REBOOT.

Do share more bugs with us...he he.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I find it much more useful to kill Vista by overwriting it with XP, but that's just me ;)

chewett

Reaction score
you can stop it

alt f4

i have kids at my school doing this every day

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This would also take out XP. Except there's an even easier way to fix it.... XP by default shares memory between all explorer related stuff, so open task manager, and kill the explorer process... Sure it may close the desktop/taskbar but that'll restart. I think Vista might have one explorer.exe for desktop/taskbar/etc and one for explorer windows by default, but don't hold me to that.

Dan

Reaction score
That's weird!! Do you think Microsoft know about it???

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, and I also imagine they thought people wouldn't be daft enough to try it either ;)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
why would you want to kill vista?

Also, you can kill it by making a batch file (say, called test.bat) and saving it into C:\
Then, right click, edit, then type "RUN C:\test.bat"
It opens command prompt for ever. Stop it by pressing Ctrl + s.

mattura

Reaction score
Of course Microsoft know about it - it's not a bug!
You are simply running multiple copies of the windows explorer program, by holding down the shortcut!

charlies

Reaction score
you can stop it

alt f4

i have kids at my school doing this every day

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't go to your school, but whenever we have German in the Computer Lab, when someone isn't looking, we press Flag + F for about 10 seconds, or Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow to turn the screen upside down!
:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.