Kims Occasions new website

kimsoccasions

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to running a website and used serifs free webplus package to make a simple clean website.

X10 is an awesome easy to use free hosting service for a n00b like me.

Check out the website and comment back plz.

kimsoccasions.co.uk

:cool:

zen-r

Reaction score
Hi kimsoccasions

Your site looks very good.

There are a few minor points:

At the top, "adding the finishing touches" is quite hard to read.

Typo : "and if there is anything your interested in, please give us a call." (you're).

In Balloon Gallery, typo : "We always prefer visit the venue with you". (prefer to visit?)

Perhaps your visit counter at the bottom shouldn't be visible whilst the number is so low (it makes your business look less popular!) or maybe you can at least add a few thousand to the start value!

I like the fact that you have a clear & straight-forward pricing policy, & that all items & layouts are well illustrated.

Good luck with your business & your website!

kimsoccasions

Reaction score
cheers zen,

appreciate the comments, no matter how much you look at these things theres always a couple of typos to proof read out. LOL

tittat

Reaction score
Your site is cool.But i recommend using some animating/mouse over effects to your flash buttons.Also you should have a footer for your pages.It seems you don't have one.
Good Luck :)

bazookajoe

Reaction score
Overall it looks good for what it is. fix the few minor problems already pointed out... maybe change the button:hover color to something else so you can still read it while over:selected it. ??

Pretty good though.

massimo

Reaction score
Not bad for a first start
Here are a couple of pet peeves tho ...
1. Loose the stat counter. Nobody wants to know how many people have seen your site. And if it's for you to check how popular your site is use google analytics, much better.
2. Make all the images the same dimensions so they line up neatly but please, please, please don't distort the image when you do this. Crop the image instead, I hate seeing squashed images.
3. Since your site is a lovely pastel colour, why don't you change the nav bar from a horrid blue fade into a solid colour (close to your background colour) with a nice hover effect.

Best of luck

ktodev

Reaction score
Hi,
The site is good. I just want to add something about the main menu. I think the contrast between the background and the text color when mouse over is very low. It is hard to read that way.

apoorav

Reaction score
Average Site, but needs a good design as it seems a business site so change the theme if u can or try to add some attrative features to it for visitors to catch, otherwise your site is good.:biggrin: