KnowingTech | Discuss weekly tech topics

pete39

Reaction score
Would some of you mind taking a look at my newest venture? I'd appreciate your feedback on it. The website is still a bit of a work in progress so I'm interested in knowing if you can easily understand what it is and how it works.

The point of the site is to have people discuss a new topic each week. This week's topic is the government and such. I thought it would be cool if I could get an audience to leave their thoughts on the topic of the week then put it all into an archive after a certain amount of time. The cool thing about that would be that I would be preserving people's attitude towards each topic and maybe in a year of so it would be fun to go through and see how things have changed.

http://knowingtech.com

Last edited:

pete39

Reaction score
Yeah. That's only because you haven't posted a comment yet. Once your first comment is approved you won't see that anymore. It's just to prevent spam from showing up in the discussions.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
It's nice design. It could use a Google +1 button. I like the columns you used along the side. It should mention your email won't be made public. When I search "SOPA" in the search box, it brings up nothing, which is surprising with the amount of comments about SOPA in the discussion box. Maybe when the user types something in the textbox, use the window.onbeforeunload "Do you want to leave this page" popup. Like this:
Code:
window.onbeforeunload = function(e) { e = e || window.event; if (e) { e.returnValue = "KnowingTech says: Are you sure you want to leave without submitting your opinion?"; } return "KnowingTech says: Are you sure you want to leave without submitting your opinion?"; };
That turns it on. To turn it off, do this:
Code:
window.onbeforeunload = null;
Works in all major browsers using Javascript.
I don't know where the Contact form goes to, but if it just sends to your Gmail, you may get spam. It would be best to just give your cPanel address, so it ends in knowingtech.com , e.g. you could do pete@knowingtech.com . You can do that via the email section of your cPanel, which can be accessed from http://x10hosting.com/portal , just log in and click "Access cPanel".