Lagging of updates in website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusten

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I made my website in the Chopin Server. At first, the service was superb, everything got updated as soon as I edited the page. However, things started to slow down by ALOT recently. Yesterday, I made an update, till today, it is still not changed. Is there a problem with my account or the server? How can this problem be resolved? I had this problem in my previous account too.

By the way, as in the x10Rewards area, what does "Get a x10hosting email account hosted by google" mean?

And what does the quantity mean?

and for the domain for 1 year, is it www.YOURDOMAIN.com or YOURDOMAIN.X10HOSTING.com?
Hope to get an response as soon as possible, thank you!
x10hosting best free server.

Trusten

Reaction score
I edit the .HTM files using the file manager. I usually click on "edit" and change the HTML code. Initialy, the changes took place quickly, however, soon, the updating took as long as one whole day. In my previous hosting account, it took 2 days just for a minor update.
Would someone answer my other questions too please?
Edit:
could anyone please post a reply please?

Last edited:

WyrGecko

Reaction score
o_O I'm surprised that no one's answered, yet.

How much longer does it take when it slows down (other than the yesterday one), and when it slows down, have you already been doing a lot of editing? Using 'Edit' in File Manager should always give you a confirmation as well, so do you mean that it was trying to load for over a day?

Also, it sometimes seems like it's a bit faster if you edit the files externally. e.g. uploading with Filezilla and editing with Notepad or Notepad++. It could also depend on what time you're working with it and the size (of course). Also, it is free hosting, so there's bound to be some lag at times :p
---
On the rewards stuff, I'm not as sure, so yeah...
- E-mail: My guess it that it'd be something like Fallenleaves@x10hosting.com, but I really wouldn't know... just seems to make sense like that.
- Domain: www.YOURDOMAIN.com = domain; YOURDOMAIN.X10HOSTING.com = subdomain of x10hosting. So, you'd pick your own. :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Try clearing the cache of the page - it is entirely possible (and in my own experience on this and other free hosts) that your system has stored a cached version of the page to make loading faster.

Of course if it doesn't check properly or otherwise doesn't realize there's a newer version of the page available, it keeps serving the stored page. Clearing the cache can fix that - if there's no stored page, it forces the browser to go and get the page again :)

Side: Also happens on paid - the server itself likely has the updated file, but the browser/client isn't downloading it for viewing yet for some reason.

EDIT: Ignore my entire post if you meant it was lagging during the upload of a new change; if you meant it was lagging in the DISPLAYING (you've edited it in file manager and it's saved, now it's just waiting for the change to show on the page), this entire post is relevant :)

Last edited:

Trusten

Reaction score
Try clearing the cache of the page - it is entirely possible (and in my own experience on this and other free hosts) that your system has stored a cached version of the page to make loading faster.

Of course if it doesn't check properly or otherwise doesn't realize there's a newer version of the page available, it keeps serving the stored page. Clearing the cache can fix that - if there's no stored page, it forces the browser to go and get the page again :)

Side: Also happens on paid - the server itself likely has the updated file, but the browser/client isn't downloading it for viewing yet for some reason.

EDIT: Ignore my entire post if you meant it was lagging during the upload of a new change; if you meant it was lagging in the DISPLAYING (you've edited it in file manager and it's saved, now it's just waiting for the change to show on the page), this entire post is relevant :)

Yes your post is definitly relevant because that's my exact problem. I edited the page, but the changes are not taking place.
As you said about cache.. erm 1 question, what is that? If it is something like cookies or web history, then, I don't think it is the problem. I tried on other computers too but it doesn't work neither.
One thing weird, occasionally, when I visit http://WWW.trustpod.exofire.net, instead of http://trustpod.exofire.net, it works. Thanks very much for your suggestion. I look forward to your response.

iandyou

Reaction score
I also think such problems can be due to cache, you can delete it or press Ctrl + F5 test I think your problem will be solved

Trusten

Reaction score
Wow! thanks very much! My problem is solved! As a sign of thanks do you want 50 credits?
Edit:
Edit: Thanks both of you, 50 credits has been given. Your help was most crucial and important to me. It has been a long problem. Thanks!
But nobody answered my question about the quantity thing on the x10Rewards page?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
But nobody answered my question about the quantity thing on the x10Rewards page?

Whoops, I totally missed that part.

Quantity is just how many of that particular reward are left to be purchased in the shop. For the moment, everything is "in stock" except the email :)

Long as it doesn't say 0, it's available to be purchased. Dunno how often it gets reset, so keep checking it if the reward you want is sold out :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you cannot clear your cache for some reason, one trick is to add a fake query string to a page....

www.mysite.com/foo/baubles.html?something=nothing

The browser and even proxies will grab the latest version of the page.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Makes for ugly looking url's though, that's why I try to avoid them if possible :)

I don't mean make your urls like that.

I meant add a query string to the url in the address bar and reload if your browser (or your ISP or your proxy) won't clear the cache. That way you will see the latest version on the server.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mean make your urls like that.

I meant add a query string to the url in the address bar and reload if your browser (or your ISP or your proxy) won't clear the cache. That way you will see the latest version on the server.

Oooh, gotcha. I thought you meant to every url to force it to clear cache on every page >_<

My bad >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.