Language and copyrighted material

Status
Not open for further replies.

estevao

Reaction score
I've been using x10hosting paid service for almost an year now and I'm very satisfied with the product. Both the staff and community are incredible, and helped me a lot.

Having finished my last project, I'm currently in charge of creating a small joomla/WP website to the 1º year Vet students from ULHT University.

So I have some questions regarding the above project.

1) According to the ToS, premium accounts don't have any language restrictions. Does this apply to Development Package?

2) Since it's a student website, some users (namely teachers) will post copyrighted material such as book chapters and scientific articles. The University, having some type of subscription, can give this type of material to his students (and we are required to have access to it in order to do "homework") so we are not doing anything illegal. The problem is that, according to the ToS and quoting:

"x10Hosting does not allow the use of it's services for illegal activities. This includes hosting of copyrighted material, nulled scripts, or anything that is considered illegal under US law. "

So, although it's not illegal since the copyrighted material will only be accessible to our students who, through the University, can have access to it, I want to make sure we are not infringing the x10hosting ToS.

thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Blast... I've posted in the wrong section. I'm terribly sorry. This should go under PAID Hosting, not Free Hosting. O_O

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Lol, well yeah. As long as the rights are there, ie the teachers have the right to distribute it and you only allow students and teachers to access said material, then there shouldn't be to much of an issue.

But i'm not corey :p

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, this is all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.