Last summer's after effects project...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
so, what's that suppost to be about?
My friends haven't gone away, my house hasn't burnt down.
Have your friends gone away? Has your house burnt down?
If not, I really don't see the point of that...

Agenator

Reaction score
so, what's that suppost to be about?
My friends haven't gone away, my house hasn't burnt down.
Have your friends gone away? Has your house burnt down?
If not, I really don't see the point of that...
.... Its a text animation, it looks cool?:p

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it looks alright, the quality when looking at it on Youtube the text looks crappy
at the end i couldn't really see anything, it looks as if you tried to put a fade on it, but it just didn't execute properly; also at the beginning it keeps going up and down and in 3rd dimensions, which didn't really attract me to it. i was hoping at the end that it would form a symbol/character
i have also seen another ones of these, if you want i'll post them up for you as an example
you can also search on youtube/google/vimeo: kinetic typography

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
It's pretty cool. It seems a little plain with the black background and red text, but the other parts in the video look really nice.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
.... Its a text animation, it looks cool?:p

Ya, it looks cool. But I miss the point of the text. Couldn't you of done it about something more interesting? The "story" is kind of boring.

skai123

Reaction score
What program did you use?

You used the same animation/scene over and over, makes it kind of boring....

intertec

Reaction score
It alright, could be better. It was just repeated over and over. Try making something unique:)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You used the same animation/scene over and over, makes it kind of boring....

It alright, could be better. It was just repeated over and over. Try making something unique:)

I agree. It could be more thrilling or exciting. It could definitely be more unique. But it's a start. Was that the first one you've ever tried?

Agenator

Reaction score
Yes, first text animation, and yes it did repeat because my computer was becomming bogged down from the text and some of the effects so I had to wrap it up quickly. Also in some places where itl ooks like it repeats, its atually a completely different area, but just has the same feel, like the sink like a stone part. No story line b/c its obviously a text animation, kinda hard to incorporate one. But yeah it basically was a first tr y... (watch in high qualyity and it looks better) Oh and I used adobe after effects (hence the title).