Latest Updates (1/29/08)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The new server is online and taking new accounts for ad free. It's name is "Starka".

It will most likely take a few days to catch up on the ad-free queue, it's moving along quickly though.

An awesome new feature is almost fully implemented for backups. I can guarantee no other free host out there at this time offers this backup solution. You should notice an r1soft backup icon in your cPanel's. This allows you to pick out files from snapshots we have taken of your accounts so you may restore old files with just a few clicks, without any admin intervention. We are still deciding how many restore points we will make available. We may do 1 every other day or something similar with access to 10-15 points total.

cPanel has been replaced with a new theme. No, you can't change it :). All the same functions of the regular cPanel are there, it's just a different color. We are slowly customizing it to better help us and you. We hope to have some tracking of processes and such implemented at some point also. If you hate it that much you can always upgrade to paid hosting ;)

If you are currently in queue for Ad-Enhanced and need your account ASAP I would re-signup for Ad-free. We have not decided what we will be doing with the ad-enhanced sign-ups going forward. We WILL still support ad-enhanced though.

I will be posting a poll shortly to get community feedback on which support system everyone prefers. (Forum \ Tickets). Please take a moment to vote in this poll.

Support is not provided in this thread

Questions?

abc-and

Reaction score
Hi Corey,
Unfortunately, new backup solution does not work for me (and old one is vanished). When I click on R1 Restore Backup icon, I can see only error page with message about wrong security certificate on zodiac.x10hosting.com (Error code "sec_error_unknown_issuer").

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using FireFox, hit get certificate and answer yes to whatever it asks.

hcse26

Reaction score
hmm...

Well I've been hinting that the R1Soft Backups button was a mistake but I was so wrong lol.

Thanks Corey!

nandifamily

Reaction score
The backup restore shows:
Warning: file(/var/db/buagent/serverurl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1233311799.13061BGt4uxagEd on line 29
Unable to find the backup server URL. This may be because the server has not yet been backed up.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
The backup restore shows:
Warning: file(/var/db/buagent/serverurl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1233311799.13061BGt4uxagEd on line 29
Unable to find the backup server URL. This may be because the server has not yet been backed up.

As Corey said on his first post, this is a tool which is being implemented. Some servers doesn't have the backup tool enabled yet (Even if they see the icon on cPanel).

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
Thanks Corey for the R1Soft Backup feature! Its very nice, and the new renovated CPanel with all the details.
Thanks again, X10 is the best! :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
As Corey said on his first post, this is a tool which is being implemented. Some servers doesn't have the backup tool enabled yet (Even if they see the icon on cPanel).
so will this feature ,r1, be implemented just on the new servers, or will they be on old ones too (lotus, etc...) eventually?

as always, love seeing updates :)

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
so will this feature ,r1, be implemented just on the new servers, or will they be on old ones too (lotus, etc...) eventually?

as always, love seeing updates :)
The new backup feature will be eventually installed on every server, old and new.

nwiltsHE

Reaction score
When I go into r1soft, I can't get past "Error: Host not found". The host is pre-populated with lotus.x10hosting.com and I use my cPanel login.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try again, another backup completed today.

Myokram

Reaction score
Thanks for the changes. I think (In fact I'm sure) there's a problem with the inactivity reminder in the new Cpanel. It does not reflect the real inactivity time in the forums.

It seems you are taking a "last visit time" field from the vB database to calculate how much time we have left until suspension, while you must use a "last activity time" one.

I'll put an example. I log into my forum account on day 1. Next day I log in again at 8:30 am. On day 2 I see a message in the forums that says "Your last visit was yesterday (day 1)". And it is correct. I keep browsing the forums until 10 o'clock. I log out.

On day 5, I log in again, and it says "Your last visit was on day 2 at 10 am" and taht message is the same during all session.

On day 15 I log in, and it now says "Last visit on day 5". I think I can explain now the problem. As far as I now, the content of the "last visit time" field in vB is replaced by the content of "last activity" one each time a user logs in and starts a new session. The second one field, however, is updated everytime a user enters a page or do anything.

(EDIT: Last visit time updates also when closing session, but not everyone close their session. I don't do it)

Returning to the example. If I log to my cpanel on day 17, it will say I have only 2 days left, because last time I logged into the forums (day 15) the "last visit" field took the value of the day 5. And it is not corect, because my last visit was 2 days before.

It is not a vB problem, but yours. As I said before, you should take a "last activity time" field instead of the last visit one.

How I found it? I logged into the forums today, It was about 10 days since my last visit. I kept browsing for a while and then I logged out. Minutes latter I logged into my cpanel, and I saw a red message saying I have less than a week left. I logged again into the forums (about 1 hour after my previous login) and then returned to my cpanel. The message turned green and, according to your cpanel reminder, last time I logged in was 1 hour before. I logged out and in again of the forums, and now the cpanel says actual time.

I hope my message is clear. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the changes. I think (In fact I'm sure) there's a problem with the inactivity reminder in the new Cpanel. It does not reflect the real inactivity time in the forums.

It seems you are taking a "last visit time" field from the vB database to calculate how much time we have left until suspension, while you must use a "last activity time" one.

I'll put an example. I log into my forum account on day 1. Next day I log in again at 8:30 am. On day 2 I see a message in the forums that says "Your last visit was yesterday (day 1)". And it is correct. I keep browsing the forums until 10 o'clock. I log out.

On day 5, I log in again, and it says "Your last visit was on day 2 at 10 am" and taht message is the same during all session.

On day 15 I log in, and it now says "Last visit on day 5". I think I can explain now the problem. As far as I now, the content of the "last visit time" field in vB is replaced by the content of "last activity" one each time a user logs in and starts a new session. The second one field, however, is updated everytime a user enters a page or do anything.

(EDIT: Last visit time updates also when closing session, but not everyone close their session. I don't do it)

Returning to the example. If I log to my cpanel on day 17, it will say I have only 2 days left, because last time I logged into the forums (day 15) the "last visit" field took the value of the day 5. And it is not corect, because my last visit was 2 days before.

It is not a vB problem, but yours. As I said before, you should take a "last activity time" field instead of the last visit one.

How I found it? I logged into the forums today, It was about 10 days since my last visit. I kept browsing for a while and then I logged out. Minutes latter I logged into my cpanel, and I saw a red message saying I have less than a week left. I logged again into the forums (about 1 hour after my previous login) and then returned to my cpanel. The message turned green and, according to your cpanel reminder, last time I logged in was 1 hour before. I logged out and in again of the forums, and now the cpanel says actual time.

I hope my message is clear. Thanks in advance.

I'll ask Russ to update the reminder in cPanel. The actual script that suspends people uses 3 different things including activity, and login on the forums to check. I don't think he was aware of the others. Thanks.

freenetter

Reaction score
Corey,

I have said this before, but I simply can't thank you guys enough for your phenomenal free hosting service.

I will be dedicating my Gmail signature to you guys and will put an ad in there for paid X1o Hosting - you guys deserve to stick around forever!

Thanks so much,

Kovi