LDAP Poll

Do you want the LDAP module to be enabled?

• Total voters

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Interesting. Although I am very interested to see how you enable it after the poll..

_Pepijn_

Reaction score
I don't but one of your administrators told me to start a poll so the community could vote for it and if there are lots of votes that say Yes you would enable it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
*Moving to news \ announcements for more exposure*

If you are voting yes in this poll please post what you will be using it for. Do not vote if you have no interest in using this feature.

-Corey

Ant59

Reaction score
Seeing as I can't find what this module is in this thread, may I ask, for the benefit of everyone, what is LDAP?

satbir

Reaction score
I would like to use this for my Drupal Installation if it works.

Max1337

Reaction score
I could use this for website interaction with my Network, since it uses LDAP.

azntechguy

Reaction score
Since I haven't participated in this community for a long time... I'll ABSTAIN on this vote.

Even after reading the article, I still don't understand what LDAP is. And damn, web technologies changed leaps and bounds since 4-5 years ago (the last time I actively tried to catch up with things)

GBH187

Reaction score
I think its a bad idea, clearly the majority of people here have no idea what LDAP is, 2ndly it encourages people to do stupid things like publish their directory over the internet

I believe enabling ldap would have no positive benefits and only result in a degradation of the services currently offered by x10

if it is to be enabled make it difficult to enable like php level 3

huterD

Reaction score
I would like to try Drupal, so if I can do it here that would make me love you even more ^^

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
i think i could use LDAP for phpBB but currently i dont really know how to configure it phpbb3

cowctcat

Reaction score
Quite frankly i dont need it. If it was enabled i would probably find a use for it buti dont think i could put a yes vote in

Pyker

Reaction score
From what I understood, LDAP is basically a protocol that lists all the email that exist on the DNS Servers.

Is that correct?

Wouldn't that enable emails that aren't suppost to be seen, to actually be seen?

_Pepijn_

Reaction score
No LDAP is a protocol wich u can use to connect to an LDAP server like Novell Netware or openLDAP and then u can use it to let your users authenticate against that network (i.e. an office network) and you can let them search your trees and some othe features.

Xemnas

Reaction score
I could work this into my own web site, it'd be interesting to see how it would turn out.

Last edited: