Legalization of Marijuana?

Iceman

Reaction score
I personally have never smoked weed, don't plan on it, and have only known a few people who ever have.

I do feel, however, that legalizing it would help much more than hurt. The people who say that it causes car accidents; well, true, it does. But so does alcohol, and it's not illegal to sell in stores. The same goes with the fact that it can kill. So can cars, pregnancy, alcohol, and cigarettes.Anyone who wants marijuana can find a dealer, so the only thing not legalizing it does is make the drug lords rich. If the U.S. government were to legalize it and own the industry over it, there could be an economic boom with the amount of unskilled labor jobs being created. Not only that, they could tax it to hell--just below the price of what you would pay for on the street. The economy would be at a high plateau.

I'm interested in some arguments against this, or even some more for it. Opinions, anyone?

Conor

Reaction score
I don't think it would help nor hurt. If people don't want to smoke it now, why would they smoke it then? Granted, legalizing it would cause less trouble for the police but asks for more trouble at the same time. People getting high and then doing other stupid stuff.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
I dont quite agree with that because every good bad thing ALWAYS gets into the wrong hands and it turns into , just anything that its not suppose to be every good thing HAS to end and i feel its a metter of time before it gets with the wrong people to smoke it, even though it wasnt for medical reasons.

Iceman

Reaction score
I don't quite get what you mean by the wrong people smoking it. Sure, criminals and other 'bad' people could get into smoking it, but what's to stop them to not smoke it now?

Conor

Reaction score
I think that legalizing this also brings up the question of legalizing other, more dangerous drugs. Thats a lot of contraversy.

Iceman

Reaction score
The only reason I think this could be legalized is that the sideaffects are pretty much the same as tobacco, but with a high. Meth and things will actually cause seizures and other odd, volatile afteraffects, and obviously would stand no chance at being passed. Besides, noone uses Meth as a pain reliever or a muscle relaxant (I don't think, at least).

arkitek

Reaction score
hmm... lets see... some people handle weed better... personally... i just giggle like a school girl after well... about 3 hits of a 2ltr bottle bong... but i've known others, in particular ethnic people, who get rather agressive when all they are taking is a mix of weed n tabacco... so... it all depends on the person taking it... i mean, no matter where u go, its easy to get... just as long as u dont get caught with it... ur fine... law aint ****...

although, wouldnt u all like some weed jeans?

FeZ.06.925

Reaction score
I really don't think it should be because then people will start to take advantage of it and strt buying pot, the younger population could get an easier hold of it and then they'll also have that mentality "hey I'm smokin' some weed man I'm cool!" which is totally stupid. Then legalizing marijuana will also raise some concern about legalizing other drugs and stuff like that. Yea... It shouldn't happen

Iceman

Reaction score
People think that smoking cigarettes and drinking beer is cool, what is the difference? Both have similar bad side-affects, and good ones too, and are legal. They could also make a law against minors with it including a VERY heavy fine (I'd say $750 would do good), and then theres a lot more money flowing away from the irresponsible citizens and into the community. As for the legalizing other drugs, well, I already mentioned that. Technically, the word 'drug' in that context and many others is misused and has no defined boundaries. An example is, is tobacco a drug? If you ask if drugs are legal to someone in the U.S, they will say "Drugs are illegal." But most schools (at least ones I've been to) define tobacco as a drug.

By the way, FeZ, that's an awesome sig. Did you make it yourself?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I do agree but it is a little bad becasue then everyone would smoke it and there would be no controll over it...