Let me know what you think of my Male Fashion Site

jayuk666

Reaction score
AlphaMaleFashion.jpg

I have done a lot more since this... optimised, sliced and input into Dreamweaver and put in some tasty scripts and more content.

It is for a College assignment. This is my second. I intend to upload all my full sites online as an interactive live portfolio for people to check out a criticize:)

xPlozion

Reaction score
i'm not thrilled with the font selected for the logo/header image. the site has too much gray, so it's sorta bland.

again, on the footer, the font used in alpha male fashion i don't like, and the copyright blah isn't a good font. use verdana (sans) to get best results ;)

jayuk666

Reaction score
okay any other colours I could introduce? I was sticking to darker man related colours?

Cheeeers :)

pstitch

Reaction score
Jay,
Nice effort,
just a few of my observations and I think that a lot of this is personal taste.
In the top header I would get rid of the smaller black AMF by the top buttons...it doesn't show up well and is redundant....I would also remove the gray clip art man and shadow as it detracts from the whole design ....with those two changes I think you would have a winner for a header. The font choice is yours...just make sure that you are consistant and use a font that is easilly read....that font is ok as far as I'm concerned.

I think that if this is your "Home" page it is too busy.....you are promoting 'fashion' and the more simple the more elegant, the first impression is everything....keep all the sales pitches for inside pages...across from the index I would have a very simple image a man in formal wear like you have but without any text and that red sale sign.....
these are just some suggestions, (my 2¢ worth and in today's economy that isn't worth a lot)
;)
The first part of this is in Arial and the last in Veranda

jayuk666

Reaction score
Jay,
Nice effort,
just a few of my observations and I think that a lot of this is personal taste.
In the top header I would get rid of the smaller black AMF by the top buttons...it doesn't show up well and is redundant....I would also remove the gray clip art man and shadow as it detracts from the whole design ....with those two changes I think you would have a winner for a header. The font choice is yours...just make sure that you are consistant and use a font that is easilly read....that font is ok as far as I'm concerned.

I think that if this is your "Home" page it is too busy.....you are promoting 'fashion' and the more simple the more elegant, the first impression is everything....keep all the sales pitches for inside pages...across from the index I would have a very simple image a man in formal wear like you have but without any text and that red sale sign.....
these are just some suggestions, (my 2¢ worth and in today's economy that isn't worth a lot)
;)
The first part of this is in Arial and the last in Veranda

Thanks for your comments. I have made some changes here:

AlphaMaleFashionMarkII.jpg

The Top and Side navigation consists of drop down menus revealing more options; The black banner showing brand names scrolls across smoothly and slowly to not distract viewers.

Here's another site I have just done. Its a concept. Let me know what you think of the design and logo name and design. [Mirror Star]

MiRRORstarDesigns.jpg

arcade1

Reaction score
u r using ready photoshop brushes, try to lower the opacity of some of them or blend them more into the design, remember a cleaner design should do the trick, don't throw too many stuff just bcoz they look good. Reconsider your fonts.

stunna

Reaction score
I've seen that "Winter sale, 50% off" somewhere before. Hmmm.

Last edited:

jayuk666

Reaction score
LOL that sale image was pinched from www.midasshoes.com.au.

Im not publishing this site. its for an assignment for college. Just wanted to know what real designers think.

In the second design i did use various brushes to get those effects.

I know what you mean. I gotta be careful not to use too many!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What did you use for your online store?

it was just an assignment for college, so i don't think he actually made a working version, so there would be no online store

jayuk666

Reaction score
@MODS - Please delete thread

Links Broken so Going to recreate one thread with all my updated work :)