Lets build a new PHP IDE !! (Exclusively for x10 members)

Rate this IDE ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

careerbridge

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you ever thought about building your own IDE for PHP ?? Anyway, when I started learning PHP I was always dreamed about an IDE of my own!! So I started developing a new IDE.....!!

It was a couple of years back and I soon realized it is a HELL of a job to make my dream come true... so I dropped the plan in the initial stage itself.

But later I again got interested in enhancing the application and I developed my FIRST, SWEET PHP IDE !!.... and today I published it!!... feels good ?? yeah, checkout my new IDE for all PHP lovers

here is it : www.smart-toolz.com

It is not a BIG software (only 1.5 Mb) and it can't be compared with the professional IDE that you might be using!! But give it a chance.... please take a look on it and let me know ur comments.

More details included in the site...

Regards,
Jim Jose
PS: Ur comments will decide the future of this application

lambada

Reaction score
I'll investigate this later, but what strikes me is that the version is 1.1 even though it's in beta. usually the inital release is 0.1 then the final inital version with all functionality is 1.0

careerbridge

Reaction score
Ooops.. don't worry about the version number ;) But Thx for the point... we can go like that :)

Edit : Also plz talk about the site design !
Edit : Version issue corrected ;)

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
I like the diesgn but i'd
1) Give an option to not assosciate file extentions in the installer and in the program
2) Is there any way to get html and php syntax highlighting on the same page?
3) A way to close the internal preview pane.

Other than that I think it's a strong base to work from.

careerbridge

Reaction score
Ok, time for an upgrade...

please try the new version from...http://www.smart-toolz.com/index.php?sSection=downloads

-------
- The main issue is the DYNAMIC color formatting itself. (just press F5 to refresh the colors)
- The debugger works by capturing error messages outputted by your local host (its optional in new version)
- New version have file association for .php and .inc file
- Click CTRL+SPACE to switch between auto completer for 'PHP function' and 'user variables'
-------

Take a look ;)

lambada

Reaction score
If you mean the 0.1.85 that's the one I tested ;)

Last edited:

careerbridge

Reaction score
1) Give an option to not associate file extentions in the installer and in the program

It is actually done by the installer. But we can consider an option with in the application

2) Is there any way to get html and php syntax highlighting on the same page?

I will surely add this option in the coming versions ;)

3) A way to close the internal preview pane.

There is a down arrow button on the right of the "Find Text" button... click on it, the bottom pane will close

Thx a lot for ur inspiring words. I will try to make it better :)
Edit:
Yep, I just uploaded the '0.1.85' (half an hour back)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's definitely not as up-to-par with the particular IDE I'm using, but it's more up-to-par with ConTEXT, another popular editor for PHP (yours appears to list user functions whereas ConTEXT is really just an enhanced version of Notepad).

Also, it's really picky about the server - if someones using Xampp, it appears you need to tell it that the server directory is the htdocs folder, NOT the Xampp main folder (for instance: D:\Xampp\htdocs, NOT d:\Xampp). It causes an issue where when you click run, the url becomes http://localhost/htdocs, which won't work unless there happens to be a folder named htdocs in the htdocs folder.

Thats me being nitpicky though, I'm not leaving my current editor (see below)

Edit: Voted for excelent IDE with potential - it's more than Notepad, but it's not going to match up to Dreamweaver or EngInSite (current) for a while, partially because both of them already exist. It'll have to surpass them for me to abandon them.

Last edited:

careerbridge

Reaction score
Thanks for matching up my IDE with the professional ConTEXT!! Feels good :)

Till now there is only one person (me) worked for developing 'SmartPHP' and I am not a professional. I am not trying to surpass any of the other popular IDEs, but just wish to give a NICE/FAST/FREE platform for PHP which can make your coding life easier.

When you really work with it, you may find its too easy, it has
* List of user functions
* Auto completer shows PHP functions (not fully developed)
* Auto completer user functions and variables (variables with in the SCOPE)

Anyway I have decided to continue with its development.... may be some future versions can impress you,

Slothie

Reaction score
A code beautifier would be nice as well, auto tabbing as well as inline help.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
A code beautifier would be nice as well, auto tabbing as well as inline help.
Assuming it's still going, this got bumped from March of this year >_<

I'd guess after 9 months without an update and a site that's down (if it's an x10 site that might just be x10's servers though), it maybe hasn't gotten much further :(

Jesse

Reaction score
That's a Great Contribution for all of us. Thanks!

By the way, your website say's Can't Connect to server. is your site down?

careerbridge

Reaction score
Hmm... you got it !! I couldn't login to forum bcose of my terrific schedule!! And my x10 account is no more :(