License questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

felipedmcarvalho28

Reaction score
Hi there, I´m new here and I´m loving your service :)

Me and my friends like games, softwares, tutorial, etc.

I saw that in your Terms of Service you do not allow any how to or links. Ok, I agree with that but I have some variations that I could do , but first, I want your opinion and if it wil not break the terms.

I will describe here some ways:
1. If I add a protection url, that in fact is not a url for the download, is that ok?
2. If I provide my personal email and then I sent the email with the url (if you think, it´s totaly outside x10hosting, it becomes my responsability once it´s my personal email), is that ok?
3. If I point to another site (out of x10hosting) that has the url, is that ok?

OBS: Please take a note that i´m not talking about host the files or file hosting urls.

As I expect from you, I would like to have a opinion based only in your terms.

If you have another way to do that without breaking your terms, I would appreciate if you tell me.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as none of the sites you link to, and the dicussions on your site does not concern illegal stuff, like how to crack software, use an illegally obtained game etc you should be good to go.

Linking to sites that discuss these matters would be equally as bad as discussing it on your site, as would linking to a site that in turn provides links to illegal downloads.

We do not condone illegal content, or discussions about hacking/cracking in any shape or form, if your account is found to be used, in any way, to make any these things possible/available that will get your account suspended.

felipedmcarvalho28

Reaction score
Thanks Anna!

I understand what are you saying, but if I want to share some file with somebody using my personal email, it would be a problem for you?

I´m asking because I would add "Ask by email" in a page for example.

What do you think? I don´t want to break the ToS.

Thanks Anna!

OBS: Just to clarify, me and my friends love games, so probably the only kind of files would be ROMs and emulator (that are not totaly prohibited in my country - it´s not prohibited once you get the room for only 24h AND have a backup of the ROM)

OBS2: of course I would add a warning message to everybody about the 24h and backup of the ROMs.

Thanks again! :)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
* Warez: Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, etc... This also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.

The TOS covers ROMs and emulators, so no. It's not permitted. You'll be suspended permanently if found to be sharing it through your x10hosting account. Even an 'ask by email' is arranging a situation on how to get to the files in question. The whole point in forbidding this is so that your account is not used for illegal sharing. There's no way around it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the servers are in US, the US laws are what will be applied.

If you have on your page something like "email me for a copy of XXXX" that would be a problem (if the XXXX represent something illegal by US laws or otherwise violate our tos), since you still use the site with us to make those available to the others.

Last edited:

felipedmcarvalho28

Reaction score
Alright! Thank you all I appreciate your fast answers.

So I only will let my account to share information about games.... without warez.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.