lightweight laptops

bigdbag

Reaction score
I'm getting a new notebook PC and I need help with finding a good laptop that's preferably under 4 pounds. I need a fairly fast processor but the big thing is upgradable ram, and hard disk space. CD drive is not needed. Anyone know of a pc?

lethalg

Reaction score
Hmmmmm....... i am unsure of laptop speeds Ect. i am only aware of good desktop PC's. i know that you are able to buy a desktop PC nowadays 1024MB AMD athalon 2.4 GHZ
totally full of stuff like 256 MG graphics (nvidia) for around £450-£500. Sorry i am not of any help to you, but try getting one on Ebay, always bargains there ;)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
why are you so concerned about weight?
its pretty tough to upgrade a laptop.. if you want to upgrade you might as well get a desktop...

lethalg

Reaction score
buying a laptop makes no sense to me, getting a desktop which goes the same speed will reduce the cost massively

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well i use my laptop and i find it great i use it for every thing. it's under for pounds. i take it every ware i go and with wireless i get internet pritty much every ware i go. Plus all the stuff i need is there. And i can come to these Forum pritty much wareever i am. i think it's worth the extract $200 - $600

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Well that all depends on what your using it for? the weight dosent really matter the performance and how it does what you want it to do does. to me i see no use of lightweight laptops but thats just my opnion.

TDKMAN

Reaction score
well my brother got his laptop a few weeks ago I think it is SOny or somthing and it cost him $2,000 cause he is in Medical College and the college gave it to him and it is so cool it has a finger print security

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
meh mines nice and wide 17 inch Screen on it, Dose every thing i want it to. I can run Battel fild 2 on this no probley and stuff like that. I use it for everything take it every ware i find it awosme. i bought it for are 1500 worth about 2,300 but i got a disscount.

Some times the best pleace to buy a note book or a PC is to get it custom made at a Local store (they always to the best jobs and for really cheap) well they do here my PC is pritty sick worth over 2,000 easy for a place like futer shop, But i put like Neon lights and **** on the casing. But i go it for $700 at a local shop.

Last edited:

mingqi53

Reaction score
Mr. Brownlove said:
Well i use my laptop and i find it great i use it for every thing. it's under for pounds. i take it every ware i go and with wireless i get internet pritty much every ware i go.

Wow! Where on earth do you live? Only areas here that have Wi-Fi are expensive and fancy restaurants.. I heard San Francisco is going to have public Wi-Fi soon..