Linking my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Sorry to be a noob guys,

I'm new to this domain business and am having trouble understanding all the information all at once.

What I want to do is create a subdomain of my domain http://elaosta.com that will link to my domain here which is hamid.x10.mx.

What do I need to do this end and on the domain provider end?

I was reading about domain parking which i thought is what i wanted to do, but I now believe this is not what I want.

Say for example I want mypage.elaosta.com to take me to hamid.x10.mx howw would I go about it?

Thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
First of All go to your domain registrar and create A record for mypage.elaosta.com to this IP ---> 69.175.120.10

Now, Go to your cPanel http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082 and then click on parked Domain. There add your subdomain e.g mypage.elaosta.com

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thank you kindly, the instructions worked to answer my question, however, I asked slightly the wrong question.

What I intended was for mypage.elaosta.com to link to hamid.x10.com/hamid/

At the moment it's just taking my to the contents of my root.

Is this a further setup?

Thank you again.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Sorry to double post, I just managed to kill my wordpress blog because the linking was setup wrong.

my subdomain hamids-it.elaosta.com should link to hamid.x10.mx/hamid/ but it only goes to hamid.x10.mx

How do i set it to go to the correct subdirectory? I'm just erase my blog and will need to upload it again now.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
remove hamids-it.elaosta.com from Parked domains and then add it in Addon domains. In Addon domains you can specify root folder for this domain.

Last edited:

aliasneo

Reaction score
I added the addon domain, but made a mistake, now when i try to remove it I get this:

Error from park wrapper: Sorry, you do not control the domain hamids-it.elaosta.com

I gave the addon domain a new username and password, is there some other way i have to logon to remove it now?

aliasneo

Reaction score
This problem is fixed. You can close this support request, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.