Linking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolimaru

Reaction score
1) Is it possible to see a list of all sites that have a URL link to one of my pages/website or direct linking to a picture?

1) If I were to exchange links with a bunch of people, then eventually change my domain from .co.cc to .com, whats to easiest way to fix all those broken links?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
1) Yes, but you'd have to use some kind of script. Instead of yoursite.com/image.jpg you'd have to use yoursite.com/image.php. Though there are tricks around this

2) You can't really force them to update their pages, your best bet is to create some sort of redirect.

zen-r

Reaction score
For 1) - just google for linkback tools. There are loads of sites that will check linkbacks for you.

If you sign up to http://www.google.com/webmasters/ you will be able to use all sorts of tools like this on your sites. :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
If I were to exchange links with a bunch of people, then eventually change my domain from .co.cc to .com, whats to easiest way to fix all those broken links?

I encourage you to keep your CO.CC domain. CO.CC offers redirection tools in addition to DNS, so you can simply change a setting in your account manager in CO.CC to have it redirect to your .COM URL.

Also, sort of irrelevant... You have two "1)"s. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.