linode ad

bidzey75

Reaction score
The linode hosting company as got a banner on a ridiculous amount of Websites. I even find it here. That's odd, x10 is advertizing for the competition? or is it the same company? ...and when you click on it you leave this site and go there, instead of opening up a new window.

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think that they are the same company. why would they start two business with two different name? It is "Ads by Google". Google place ads automatically according to the content of the website. Its a "hosting" forum, so "hosting" content and so "hosting" ads. Besides linode pays for every click. Do you think x10hosting management is so damn idiot that they will pay to Google for something they can get for free by placing the ads on their forum directly.

BTW, I don't see that advertisement. It is different for different location. I am currently seeing "www.ctrls.in" ads. It is also a hosting company of India.

x10hosting can block the ads of competitors but then there will be less clicks, less earning and low CPC. and if the competitor is a crap then x10hosting should never block those competitors ads cause you'll be back to x10 even after clicking on ads.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

hmm, to open ads in a new window is a good idea but perhaps google doesn't provide us with that option.

bidzey75

Reaction score
well after checking out linode, x10 has nothing to worry about, you get a lot more here for less money. The unmanaged VPS is so cheap I want to get one but I don't have a legitimate reason to purchase one... except maybe for learning purposes :)

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I too want to purchase a vps but as i am "born in windows captivity" and still in windows so i don't know even a little bit of linux. I fear that i can't handle it properly.