Linux Setup

daman371

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with setting up a linux server? I basically want the latest apache, latest mysql, and PHP compiled with most options. I need to run a script that uses gd and all of the types of images. I also need mbstring for phpmyadmin. I'm trying to use this walkthrough but some of the php options don't work. I get that it couldn't find --with-dom, --enable-track-vars, and --enable-trans-sid.

http://lamphowto.com/lamp.html

zapzack

Reaction score
Well.. what type of linux is this? Depending on the type there are different commands that need to be run..

slacker1

Reaction score
have you installed all your desired packages ?

i don't think you have to use --enable-track-vars anymore
you may enable trans-sid in php.ini, the option is called "session.use_trans_sid"

Last edited:

daman371

Reaction score
Well it actually is CentOS (sort of). It runs fedora 8 though. It's on amazon web services. I had it fully setup and everything and then I tried installing cpanel and cpanel messed up the apache and PHP configuration. It wouldn't run PHP files but would try to force them to be downloaded (bad). I'm currently using KDE over vnc thanks to the VPS tutorial on how to set that up. Basically everything is setup. I just have to reconfigure the Name server I have running to point to the server. Any ideas on name server configuring anyone?