linux users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't use Ubuntu of Kubuntu here, but I am running Fedora Core 9 on my Linux server/router here.

anirtak143

Reaction score
i stopped.. when i get my notebook, im gonna install fedora or opensuse..

eagles051387

Reaction score
nice guys. i have started something pretty sweet. i hope to work on something. what u guys think of using super light weight server version such as ubutnu and adding the basic stripped down kde-core pkg and installing what u want on it.

what u guys think aboud that

eagles051387

Reaction score
its not a server .

its the server cli version of ubuntu turned into kubuntu lol with nothing installed on it allowing for u to install the stuff u want and need

eagles051387

Reaction score
thing is though i have gotten so used to the kubuntu commands i dont want to change again. i could take the kubuntu install and strip programs in kde

anirtak143

Reaction score
kubuntu is just another linux distribution... current kubuntu commands still exist on other distros..

jaco_don

Reaction score
I use Fedora , redhat Ubuntu and OpenSolaris (unix based java system)

But .. ultimately i land up on Xp

eagles051387

Reaction score
if ur not a gamer y have xp? 2nd the difference really is in the pkg management system. debian distros use apt and dpkg and ready hat use yum and rpm. if im not mistaken they are working on a universal pkg management system to try and make packages work on more then one distro without have to constantly repkg

eagles051387

Reaction score
im so used to kubuntu and its ease of setting up restricted hardware like wifi i dont think i can use anything else. this last release intrepid ibex 10.08 found the driver and automatically installed my video card driver. i know probably other distros can do same thing but i think i have found my one true distro.

anirtak143

Reaction score
its ur choice... not ours.. preferences vary from user to user... and hardware to hardware.. :p

eagles051387

Reaction score
im not trying to bash anyones opinion?

changing the topic of this subject

do u think microsoft is digging their own graves with vista and eventually windows 7?

anirtak143

Reaction score
do u think microsoft is digging their own graves with vista and eventually windows 7?

i dont think so. :happysad: vista is "quite new", so lets expect bugs..
its like microsoft has dominated the operating system world and getting rid of that "domination" is quite hard especially when some people think that the only OSs that exists are microsoft operating systems..

eagles051387

Reaction score
i understand that but i think microsoft is digging their own graves though. firstly lying about the minimum requirements which is 1 gig min 2gb for decent performance . i think and from what im seeing is u need 4gb of ram or more to get this to run decently. windows 7 if it doesnt improve and mac opens up their os to run on non mac proprietary hardware then that will open up a whole new can of worms.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but you can't expect Microsoft to create bigger and better things with 5 year old hardware, can you? :)

Besides, RAM is pretty much dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.