Live Maps

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
This is mainly for guys that live in the uk, dunno if guys in the USA and other places will be able to do this.

Unlike Google Earth (Or Google Maps), that allow you to have a top down satellite view of your city, etc, Windows Live Maps allows you to have a side on view in all directions. They even had imagery of my house, and my city isn't that well known (Well, apart from the SAS Base)

Give it a try (http://maps.live.com/), when its loaded, make sure "2D" is checked, then on the right of the small box there are two icons inline with each other. If you are zoomed in enough and it isnt grey, click the bottom one. If you are still having trouble, click here to view my city (You can search for yours). If you scroll a little to the left and up you can see the Hereford United football ground..

linglingzero

Reaction score
Here's mine

From what this map shows, I'm living in a pile of dirt. Actually I live in what they call "track home" w/ steel framing (no wood at all :biggrin:) that are over priced, but what do you expect with California?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I zoomed in as much as possible and the button was still gray. It's Texarkana, Arkansas (or Texas) if anyone wants to have a look at where I live. The city is split between the two states, and I currently live on the Arkansas side although I used to live on the Texas side.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I zoomed in as much as possible and the button was still gray. It's Texarkana, Arkansas (or Texas) if anyone wants to have a look at where I live. The city is split between the two states, and I currently live on the Arkansas side although I used to live on the Texas side.

I've been through there on greyhound before. Use to live in Hot Springs. :)