live streaming

bidzey75

Reaction score
Hi, I can't believe I remembered by credentials to log on....
I already have a VPS account, and love it, I'll never want to go back to full blown shared hosting...

my question... let's say I want to stream (live stream) a hockey game, but I'm not sure about the amount of audience, I do know it would be lots. Is there any packages that could handle this on 10Hosting? Or would I need to go dedicated? If it's possible to answer, what would be the max visitors it could handle? I know there would've been easily between 10,000 and 20,000 people last year if such stream would've been available. The good news though, is the streaming would only happen for 7-10 days / year.

jaygreentree

Reaction score
I think this would be a violation of the terms of service and would also be copyright infringement unless you have permission in writing.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I think this would be a violation of the terms of service and would also be copyright infringement unless you have permission in writing.

Did you read the VPS TOS or just guess?

Also yes, if rebroadcasting from TV then that's an issue but if you're recording it yourself and there aren't exclusive broadcasting rights already sold to someone else, then it should be ok.

bidzey75

Reaction score
lol, no there wouldn't be any copyright infringements, the streaming would come straight from a camera at the rink. After studying my options I don't think 10Hosting would be offering what I want. What I want, would cost me anywhere between $10,000 - $20,000 for 10 days of streaming. I wasn't aware that I would be using a ridiculous amount of bandwidth like that. I knew it was high but not that high. The good news though is they take care of a lot of technical aspects for that price.