LOAD DATA INFILE

tstingr5

Reaction score
I've been trying to use a script on php to export data from a csv file to my database but I always get the error: Access denied for user 'tstingr5_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES), I think could be the FILE privileged that I don't have activated and I can't activate it.

I'd like a solution for this issue or at least an advice, I've made a backup from my database on localhost and exported it directly from phpmyadmin to my domain, it's one of solutions for now.

P.D. The password is correct in the php script, I've read the MySQL documentation.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
  • The FILE privilege can be abused to read into a database table any files that the MySQL server can read on the server host. This includes all world-readable files and files in the server's data directory. The table can then be accessed using SELECT to transfer its contents to the client host.

I am not sure, but I would guess that the FILE privilege would be a huge security hole on a shared server and would therefore be disabled.

Last edited:

louisocarroll

Reaction score
Hello, did anyone get this to work?
I currently upload a file to server with a string that contains an INSERT statement.
But I would like to try to do it with LOAD DATA, since it seems much faster.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!