load difference between 2 sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

OotLMaster

Reaction score
Dear employee,

I've set up a site on http://armyoflight.x10hosting.com but it is extremely slow compared to my friend's site that's also on a free x10 domain.
Any idea what could be the problem? Or could someone have a look at it? I had some timeouts while setting up the forum etc., checked my friend's site and that was loading just fine.

p.s. I am using phpbb3 but I got the long load times before setting anything/that up so don't think that's causing it.

Regards

edit: didn't realize i was posting for all to see, see the personal touch above :p
It started with "open support ticket", I guess I didn't read how that turned into 'Open a Support Thread' on the page after that. Good thing I didn't add anything embarrasing like my love of purple rabbits...

Last edited:

ukawala

Reaction score
Same here. I have my site on Cossacks and a friend's on Stoli. Mine is SLOW, his is FAST!

Why?

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
assuming your accounts are new, new accounts are put onto 1 or 2 servers, usually the ones with the least number of accounts. Because of this, they are more active, with more people uploading and running scripts. Once your server gets taken off the new account que, it should speed up within a week. There isn't much we can do. It could be a week, it could be 2 months. no one other than the admins haven an idea of when servers are taken off the account que(or added to it)

Last edited:

OotLMaster

Reaction score
Load time right now is like 10 times better than some hours ago.

What servers are the two sites on?

armyoflight.x10hosting.com
cossacks

orderofthelight.x10hosting.com
lotus

assuming your accounts are new, new accounts are put onto 1 or 2 servers, usually the ones with the least number of accounts. Because of this, they are more active, with more people uploading and running scripts. Once your server gets taken off the new account que, it should speed up within a week. There isn't much we can do. It could be a week, it could be 2 months. no one other than the admins haven an idea of when servers are taken off the account que(or added to it)

Ok, I thought some kind of mechanism was at work, thx for confirming. I was mainly curious about the difference but didn't realize the 2 sites were on different servers. I'll see what it does, for now the space is a playground for me so it's not a problem.

Thanks all & Greets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.