local web server

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Hi !

Here is a way to have a copy of php.ini ?

I use wamp (all in one web server solution) and I'm building the code and test trough wamp and after pass test, upload on x10, but for the first time in a script run perfectly on X10, but some problems on local area.

I suspect the php.ini file on my side, so if I can get a copy of file to replicate the same config, this can help me a bit.

Thank's in advance ! : )

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Here is a way to have a copy of php.ini ?
do to the large security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting users do no have access to the [ php.ini ] file

Last edited:

Patrick.B

Reaction score
do to the large security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting user do no have access to the [ php.ini ] file

Yes, this is exactly my point, so if a staff member can give me a copy by MP or email for test purpose, can make me happy! ^^

caftpx10

Reaction score
By default, it's 2M for the 'upload_max_filesize' directive. If the file you're uploading is larger than 2M (2MiB) then change the following directives:
upload_max_filesize
post_max_size

Edit in the php.ini file with the appropriate sizes, save and then restart the web server (in your case Apache). The changes would be applied after and it should work.

Still getting the same problem? More information would be nice.
If you rather search for the appropriate ones to tweak yourself, you have this: http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

Patrick.B

Reaction score
I already have change few lines:

- upload_max_filesize = 1000M
- max_file_upload = 50
- memory_limit = 1280M
- post_max_size = 1000M

(I put big value to be sure the problem not coming from the .ini)

At the point of I put only one image in the upload input and infos in text input, work like a charm, and when come times to put 2,3,4 etc images, it returns me errors (only on my local area, on x10 I don't get any errors with the exact same file).

Last edited:

Patrick.B

Reaction score
I have caught my error, I have edited the wrong php.ini file.

[Wrong] C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/php.ini
[Correct] C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9/bin/php.ini

After update the the value "post_max_size" up to 30M, tested and work like a charm !

To be sure I have the same value of X10, it's possible to simply give me the value of "post_max_size" please ?

Have a nice day.

caftpx10

Reaction score
The post_max_size directive is basically the size of the content going through a POST request.
As you had set your maximum upload size to 30M, you should use the same for post_max_size. I would probably also say 'higher' but you don't really want to be able to post over 30M(i)B of text, do you? :p

Patrick.B

Reaction score
post over 30M(i)B of text, do you? :p

I upload $_FILES with 10 possible array, this can explain for why I needed larger number of bytes.After pass-test, I modify the value of "max_post_size" to 10M (mb) ^^