Localhost, and Online hosting...Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337scape

Reaction score
This was help that I recieved, and found it useful, so I need some help.

Ok.. Umm, Let me get this clear,

You're trying to connect to x10's database, from your computer.. Why not just host the script on x10, or host the DB on your computer?

I can host the DB on my computer with Xampp. But now my database needs a highscores.php aswell. This highscores.php is in C:/xampp/htdocs. So now how to I host the DataBase and highscores.php, and put it on the INTERNET, so everybody can see it. Can I do this with X10? PLEASE HELP!! ASAP

Kind Regards,

Peter (1337scape)

kajasweb

Reaction score
To let the people on Web see your site, you have to

- Host your site (files and database) in PC itself (not recommend / requires some maintenance)
or
- Host your site (files and database) in X10 Server.

Prefer uploading your files and DB data to X10 Server. Its the easy way to get started with your site on web.

Last edited:

1337scape

Reaction score
Bud I know how to host a site, I am having problems with my Java Coded server, it can't connect to x10, so a Sophmore recommended hosting DB on my computer, but when I host it on my Computer, how do I get the localfiles online? Others can't view local files. For example currently I have a working page locally http://localhost/highscores.php and the Database is local too....how do I make this go online??

1337scape

Reaction score
Too bad that doesn't work, I thought it would be that easy as well. And If I use 192.168.0.101, it won't work either because that's still just localhost. PLEASE any professional help?

kajasweb

Reaction score
If you want to host your script in your PC itself and want others to see your script online, your system IP should be known to get your script. Or else, you can use some script to redirect the request to your domain, to your PC's IP address.

You can try FreeDomain.co.nr 's Dynamic IP feature, or you can write your own script that redirects the request to your PC. (You have to let your ONLINE script know your PC IP, whenever your PC IP changes [If you don't have static IP].)

Last edited:

1337scape

Reaction score
I do have a static IP, and I am currently asking No-IP if they can enable my IP 99.227.226.9 on their servers so then i can host my script online with xampp.

Status
Not open for further replies.