Lock Directories Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

esaroblo

Reaction score
With the Password Protect Directories function, it works for the first time. But after you enter it, it saves on your computer or something, meaning you only have to do it once. I don't want that to happen. How would you configure it so you are required to enter the username and password every session.

Thanks.
~BN

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, it shouldn't log in once, try clearing your cookies (This will log you out of everything.) I guess it doesn't log out for some reason.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot configure it. That is how the Authentication system works. The client's browser caches the infro and can re-use it.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Perhaps not, but that is how basic authentication works. It is not the only protection you have available, though, if you're worried about using public computers (or having your machine stolen/borrowed). Mind you, going further requires a little more work than checking a box in your file manager or control panel, especially if you need to ensure that the browser can't remember any of the authentication data effectively.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It did it in Internet Explorer 5 in 1999, as I recall. It depends on the browser; there's nothing you can do server-side to prevent (or cause) it..

Status
Not open for further replies.