Resolved Logging in to DirectAdmin

colourmu

Reaction score
A small thing...
When I log out of DirectAdmin, a login page appears (bright blue, branded X10hosting). Despite trying all combinations of user names and passwords, it refuses to let me back in.
Is it a dud page?
Or am I missing some passwords? (DirectAdmin lists some mysterious "keys".)
It's no big issue; I can get back in via the x10hosting log page. But still...

P.S. Today is my 6th anniversary of being on x10hosting (& they still call me a "New Member").
Congrats to both of us!

Last edited:

colourmu

Reaction score
Again, you're a genius, spacresx!
Logon to DirectAdmin is the same as to this forum – same user name, same password. Who would have thunk it?
The only difference is the URL to the logon page. You mention the x15 server, spacresx. Mine is x13, so I can login at –
https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222/evo/

NOTE 1: I don't think logging in there counts towards the "login-every-30-days" quota for free accounts.
To be counted, everyone still has to log in via the x10hosting log page, https://x10hosting.com/login

NOTE 2: I'd mark this thread as "Resolved" if I knew how.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the record for anyone else wondering about DirectAdmin pass, in general it is NOT the same user/pass as the forums (and not the same as the panel login either), especially not on a newer account (created after the move to DirectAdmin.

Username is what you see in panel as xxxxxxxx @ x##, where the part consisting of xxxxxxxx is the username (8 random chars), the password would be what was set when you created the service (again for accounts created under the new system, meaning in the last 3 years). You can always set a new password for the DirectAdmin (and default FTP user), by clicking the service name in your account panel and changing password, note that you do NOT want change it under profile in this case, the password option under profile ONLY changes the login to the account panel.