Logging Out.

Rufio1

Reaction score
Logging out of my forum account seems to be a problem. any help?

everytime i try i get the "Are you sure you want to log out" pop up and when i click yes, all it does is take me to the log out screen, but if i got somewhere else after that, i'm stuck.

also i've seen the Automated Signups Off thread,but i dont think it has anything to do with this.:dunno:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
first of all, what do you mean by the logout screen? the one that says "All cookies cleared" and what do you mean by "stuck"?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
You are correct that the Automated Signups have nothing to do with logging in and out of your forum account. Not sure who told you to go there, but you are correct on that.

And I am also confused on what you mean. Can you try and explain a bit more clearer?

Rufio1

Reaction score
ok sorry about that.

The forum account, the one im using right now to post, is the account im talking about. When ever i click "Log Out" up where my account options are there is an alter screen that says are you sure you want to log out. after clicking "Yes" and i get a screen that says

All cookies cleared!
* Return to the page you were previously viewing
* Go to forums index

and it has a drop down menu of other places to go. after that no matter where i go i end up logged back into my forum account.

hope thats descriptive enough. also if it matters, but im not sure, im using FF 2.0.

thanks for the help

Chris Z

Reaction score
yes, i have this problem too, but i never logout, only in public places, but i remember i would have to log out twice, or logout and then "clear all cookies set by this board" or something like that...so hopefully that helps

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Rufio1 said:
ok sorry about that.

The forum account, the one im using right now to post, is the account im talking about. When ever i click "Log Out" up where my account options are there is an alter screen that says are you sure you want to log out. after clicking "Yes" and i get a screen that says

All cookies cleared!
* Return to the page you were previously viewing
* Go to forums index

and it has a drop down menu of other places to go. after that no matter where i go i end up logged back into my forum account.

hope thats descriptive enough. also if it matters, but im not sure, im using FF 2.0.

thanks for the help

Thanks the great vB

After you do that click the x10 logo, go back to homepage and you should be fine...as the cookues arnt cleared till after the pahe loads...it still displas the menus but you arnt logged in

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Or try closing the page and reopening and seeing if the cookie is truly cleared.

Or - download something like ccleaner and clean your cookies. :) That will really make sure you are logged out. :)

Last edited: