Login App/Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

esaroblo

Reaction score
How do I set up my site so that administrators can login to their accounts and access admin things. I know the Password Protect Directories Function, but I don't like it. I want to give administrators separate things per account.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Frankly, you can't have that level of control if you want to use the filesystem alone (without actually "owning" the server — that is, having root or sudo access and having the ability to create system users — and that would require a VPS or a dedicated/co-located server). You would need, at the very least, a database to store metatdata for user actions and, in general, it's safer and easier to use a database-driven application. As such, that goes well beyond the "what do I need to enable" kind of question and into application development (or picking an application, like a content management system (CMS) to use). That's not a support issue, and should be moved/re-asked in the Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming forum.

If you start a thread there, please explain clearly what you intend to have happen (what sorts of permissions you'd like to grant/withhold under which conditions, etc.). We can then help you to either choose off-the-shelf software or give you a clear path to develop a custom solution, depending on which is more appropriate for your needs.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Many, but as I said, start a thread in the appropriate forum and be explicit. This thread should be considered closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.