Login Manager

esaroblo

Reaction score
Does anyone know programs that can be used to set up a login system for my site administrators?

Thanks,
~BN

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You haven't provided anything like enough information. I can give you a script that does a login, but that gets you nowhere since it won't actually change what your users can do. You need to tell us what you need, not the name of the tool you think might do the job.

esaroblo

Reaction score
There will be inboxes, calendars (I have one already installed but if I need another one I'll install it too), messages inserted into a section, and special access to certain pages.

peppermi

Reaction score
Hey there I also do the same with my tech blog I persoanlly use aMember Pro
you can set up different plans and different protected directories however this isn't free so I would seqarch Amember pro alternatives

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, there's not nearly enough information to work with. I want paragraphs. If you need to draw pictures, then draw pictures. Tell me exactly what user groups you imagine there being, and what each of them should be able to do. Forget about what you know how to do already — much of that probably has to be done in a completely different way in order to manage permissions. I can't even suggest an off-the-shelf product (free or paid) with what you've given. WordPress might work, but then again you may need to purchase and install a complete version of IBM Domino Utility Server on a dedicated machine for all I know.

peppermi

Reaction score
Again, there's not nearly enough information to work with. I want paragraphs. If you need to draw pictures, then draw pictures. Tell me exactly what user groups you imagine there being, and what each of them should be able to do. Forget about what you know how to do already — much of that probably has to be done in a completely different way in order to manage permissions. I can't even suggest an off-the-shelf product (free or paid) with what you've given. WordPress might work, but then again you may need to purchase and install a complete version of IBM Domino Utility Server on a dedicated machine for all I know.

What I believe they want is to restrict access to certain areas of the website to members only so when a member or guest tries accessing it they need to enter their log ins

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This started as a thread in support, and there's more to it than that. @esaroblo wants admin functionality that can't be handled at the filesystem level and implied more than one class of admin. Sure, there's lots of software that has admin functionality and "stepped" permissions, but not necessarily what the OP seeks. Requirements gathering is step one of either procurement or development, and we haven't been given the requirements (other than a vague "it should involve a login of some sort" kind of theme). Suggesting software that isn't known to be up to the task is irresponsible.

esaroblo

Reaction score
Um... Is there anything from the Softaculous thing offered by X10?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Look, I'm willing to help pretty much right up to the level of writing (most of) a custom app, but if I don't get detailed requirements, this isn't going anywhere. As it is, it's nearly 2:00AM here, and I've had it for one night. If there's something useful up tomorrow, I'll do what I can, but if not, then I'm done.

iSean

Reaction score
This is a very useful piece of open source software > http://usercake.com I have used it many times to manage users on my custom websites and it is easy to make addons for etc and easy to install.