Login with PHP

seasidekarate

Reaction score
How can I create a working PHP login on x10 hosting? For the server host do I use Chopin or a different one? Could anybody help me do this, with a tut or something? Thanks so much.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes you can make login scripts. I would be glad to help you. For the server, I think you're talking about MySQL host? You would use "localhost"

seasidekarate

Reaction score
ok so localhost. But when editing sql, How do I go about that? and the creation of databases. Does anybody have a code for a login and register with logout? I know it is a lot to ask, but I would love to know.

Artheido

Reaction score
ok so localhost. But when editing sql, How do I go about that? and the creation of databases. Does anybody have a code for a login and register with logout? I know it is a lot to ask, but I would love to know.

Before you dive right in, I suggest you read up on MySQL, PHP and server-sided scripting in general.

Login scripts can get a bit confusing if you type it up from the top of your head.

I suggest learning the basics from this site. And then maybe starting off with an open-forum? Also, check out the code behind some free blog/forum software like SMF etc. they help you gain a better understanding of how Login systems work.

Oh and check out the documentation for PHP and MySQL so you know what you have at hand.

I'm a newbie at MySQL and PHP, I've been reading most of the time. Just started actually coding... an open-forum a few days ago ;)

You can always expand it later to include a login system.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Note that many of the above tutorials use outdated or deprecated PHP features, such as session_register(), $HTTP_SESSION_VARS and the old MySQL driver. These days you mostly need session_start(), $_SESSION and unset() (and maybe session_destroy and setcookie) for persistent session data and PDO for database connections. I tried to find a decent authentication tutorial, but haven't found one yet.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Note that many of the above tutorials use outdated or deprecated PHP features, such as session_register(), $HTTP_SESSION_VARS and the old MySQL driver. These days you mostly need session_start(), $_SESSION and unset() (and maybe session_destroy and setcookie) for persistent session data and PDO for database connections. I tried to find a decent authentication tutorial, but haven't found one yet.
I might create a simple login system tutorial using PHP 5 features, however, my tutorial will probably use my own database connector, UniDB.

I'll drop you a line when I'll be done. Keep in mind that it could take up to a month or more.