LogMeIn: remote connection to PC!!

imajinn1

Reaction score
Just received a mail regarding a service called LogMeIn(remotly connect to my PC) from x10 hosting.

Very interesting but....
How secure is this service?

ps: sorry if I am in the wrong forum

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I do not currently use Logmein but I have used it in the past and found it to be a reliable and secure service.

Carl
43 61 72 6c

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally use it, not sure what I would do with out it.

When I login my account I have a list of my parents computers and other extended family, so when they break their computer I just click it connect and fix it. No more hour long phone calls trying to explain stuff. :)

I also use it when travelling to connect to my home\office computer from my laptop.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just received a mail regarding a service called LogMeIn(remotly connect to my PC) from x10 hosting.

Very interesting but....
How secure is this service?

ps: sorry if I am in the wrong forum

LogMeIn is pretty secure in the sense of when you're using it. 256 bit encryption I believe is something it uses. Oh, and it also requires the user if you're using something such as LogMeIn Express to accept the connection. I've used it myself when I come across someone who doesn't know how to port forward so that we could get VNC set up, and they've royally messed something up, especially during the Winter when we get our snow storms here and it's not practical to head out to someone's home. Here at home, I use VNC for remote connectivity. It is a little touchy with how it performs but it does the job I use it for.