Look formation CMS site

jihellws

Reaction score
Hi

I have to built a site taht will host a collaborative learning community

I have seen several cms specialized in but somme are too sophisticated and somme are too simmple.

In fact I search a CMS that can do the folowing

- Free open source
- French language
- multi level users (ability to give multiples acces levels between many groups)
- ceating categories that are the sections
- creating sub catégories that are the "courses"
For example: Catégorie = The car
Sub cat = THe carburator , the injection, the break system etc
- Creating a sub cat automatically generate a topic in a forum (to be a place wwhere students ask precisions , help ..)
- I will appreciate a good open source forum correctly integrated with the CMS (either as a component or bridged.. But I preffer a component)
- Possibility to create artciles
- Possibility to add polls
- Pic gallery
- a (tiny) wiki
- the more feature (components, modules) as possible
- more themes as possible
- Not too hard to administrate
- not too much ressources eater !

I really need a good FAQ module
I do not need a online testing module or script

Do you know a good dedicated CMS that already exist or a CMS that have all the modules I need ?

thanks for your answers ! :drool:

tittat

Reaction score
PHP-Nuke
Very popular content management and portal solution featuring web-based administration, surveys, customizable blocks, modules and themes with multilanguage support

. phpWebSite
A complete web site content management system ( CMS ). All client output is XHTML 1.0 and meets the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative requirements for government agencies.

Post-Nuke Content Management
Two complete solutions for any webmaster who would like to develope his own portal. A superb application with limitless modules for building an online community quickly, easily, and effortlessly. Two content management systems for building a dynamically generated web site that five years ago would have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to launch. Geeklog
An easy-to-use weblog publishing system powered by PHP and MySQL. With many features to get you started, Geeklog's user-friendly structure lets you set up a functioning, dynamic website in minutes!

Xoops Portal System
An extensible, OO (Object Oriented) management system written in PHP. Ideal for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra-company portals, weblogs and much more. Drupal
A dynamic community publishing platform. Drupal integrates many popular features of content management systems, weblogs, collaborative tools and discussion-based software.

Siteframe
A powerful content-management system designed for the rapid deployment of community-based websites. Users can share stories, comments, photographs and more. phpLinks
A powerful links directory script. Build a link directory like DMOZ/Yahoo Directory with search capabilities and more.

Mambo Open Source
Mambo is a full-featured content management system that can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Typo3
A High-end open source content management system with a host of features. Designed for enterprise purposes on the web and in intranets.

phpWCMS
Do you want to be free in changing the website layout without re-editing the whole content? PhpWCMS is your answer to this and more. Ideal for websites with lots of pages.

CivicSpace
P provides any individual a simple, web-based solution to the problem of bringing individuals and groups together on the internet. Communicate with supporters via a website and e-newsletters.

CPG Dragonfly
Dragonfly CMS is a powerful, feature-rich, Open Source content management system which was based on PHP-Nuke 6.5 in the "CPG-Nuke CMS" days. e107
e107 is a portal or content management system powered by PHP and mySQL that gives you a totally dynamic and professional website out of the box.

Jetbox
Jetbox CMS a Open Source PHP CMS Software with Workflow support. The role based system has workflow support and is module orientated.

Joomla
Joomla! is an award-winning Content Management System (CMS) that will help you build websites and other powerful online

Read this tutorial before you select a CMS
http://www.packtpub.com/article/how_...agement_system
Edit:
I personally use e107.And it has all the capability you mentioned.You can go for free online demo of e107 at it official site
http://e107.org

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
You'd be quite safe to choose Drupal with all that requirement. Only condition is that you know some php and using API. Drupal is as flexible as your skills allow you to be. Not for beginners.