Look Good Food Review

reglus

Reaction score
I havnt had a review on Look Good Food in a while. A lot has changed since it was last reviewed and I just want to see that I am going in the right direction. I am currently working on content and other things as you can see listed below.

- Content
- Fully working member system
- Fully php operated recipe system+recipe book

Hope for some good ideas in how to make look good food better.

http://lookgoodfood.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Couldn't you use a content management system like Joomla, which has a member system that you don't have to manually do?
The site is looking good, I suggest you either a) let users know that the page is not up, this can be done by just taking the links temporarily down or b) adding content.
It was a little confusing when it just went to the top, I didn't know if it was a broken link or something.
I suggest Joomla, you can do the same thing you are doing, it is easy and you'll have it looking very similar to what you have right now.
Those are my suggestions.
Good job with the site!
:)

koyut

Reaction score
Good site 7/10. You could try and use buttons of dynamic html/css on the navigational part of your site and adjust it to fit 1024x768 resolution (just a little adjustment needed.

reglus

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion people. i will sort out the resolution. And mabye take a look into dynamic/css navigation.

For joomla however I find it just as easy to do it all myself. I then dont have to go and search for eveything i need for joomla like plugins. I can just build them into the site myself.

mcorp

Reaction score
I don't have much advice or anything like, however, I just
wanted to tell you that I love your site! The title looks yummy
and matchs everything very well, good choice of colors.

Although one thing I don't like is that there is a big gap between
the bar that says "Welcome to Look Good Food" and this,

"Welcome to Look Good Food. We are your online cookbook and food community. We provide one main service that is to let our members display the recipes they have created for everyone to view."

Maybe it is just my browser? The gap is about 3" or so. If you want a
screen shot just send me a PM.

Good job,
res

Last edited:

1erik1

Reaction score
First Glance
Looks very nice and professional. First big problem I have with it is that I have a horizontal scroll bar, which I hate. Cut off like, at most 175px of the cucumbers.

Also the links could be a little more creative other than the default blue.
After
Errr... the links about skills dont work?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The skills links aren't supposed to work. That's why they go to
index.html#
Which brings it to the top of the page.
;)