Looking for a new cms

jinx001

Reaction score
i've been using nuke evolution for probably a year or more. i love the script but the support community for this cms has gone to ****.( excuse my language) all the developer in thier forums do is fight and argue and instead of helping u with an issue in the current verision, they want u to search the forums to find a solution from about 13 updates ago. half the time the script has been changed and the associated code is no longer associated with the same files. frankly i think this cms is slowly dying. the forums have become empty and the few developers within the boards have no doubt found a more peaceful work environment.
seem like the authors want ppl to use their cms but dont want to support it:dunno: i've even seen them tell "newbie's" that ask " too many questions" to find another script. to think that this cms did so well in the 2006 cms awards. i feel this change has do do more with the ego's of the developers and ppl running the forum rather then a bad product.

i'm really considering drupal or another called modX. if anyone has experience's wit h either pls post any positive/negative feed back!!!!!

oh yeah, save yourself a headache and stay away from nuke evo. not that its a bad script at all. the forums are at this point useless and will remain that way until somebody decides to grow up just a little.

in life we must grow.....some grow up.....others just grow old!!!!!!

Slothie

Reaction score
Either joomla or drupal, drupal if you're planning to do a media site.

satbir

Reaction score
I think Joomla have more support and tools available then Drupal. Try one of them. Nucleus is another option.

Xemnas

Reaction score
I personally prefer Joomla, it's a very good, though WordPress isn't too bad (even though it's technically a blog system, I've seen it used as a CMS before and it's worked).

t2t2t

Reaction score
CMS Made Simple - Two things why i don't like Joomla is a) It's too news based b) Adding items to menu is annoying; these both are reasons why i keep suggesting to use this. It doesn't have stuff like users system & polls, but if you want them, you can just add it as a module.