Looking for a script similar to bigdump

scylla

Reaction score
I need a script similar to bigdump for importing my large (70mb database). I've done google search and all that brings up is stuff to import data into an sql database (an offline database) such as excel importing.

Data Import
Import your data from MS Access, MS Excel and other popular formats to database tables via user-friendly wizard interface.

^^^^^^^^Not what I need.

This is why I don't want bigdump. The vbulletin backups that I have as far as I know have "extended inserts" AKA super long lines (easy to tell if you open the sql & choose wordwrap). So I would like a simple mysql import software that takes the database and puts it into the database that is on the server.

Note 1: BigDump will fail processing large tables containing extended inserts. An extended insert contains all table entries within one SQL query. BigDump isn't able to split such SQL queries. In most cases BigDump will stop if some query includes to many lines. But if PHP complains that allowed memory size exhausted or MySQL server has gone away your dump probably also contains extended inserts. Please turn off extended inserts when exporting database from phpMyAdmin. If you only have a dump file with extended inserts please ask for our support service in order to convert it into a file usable by BigDump.

Right now I'm looking at http://www.hotscripts.com/category/php/scripts-programs/database-tools/ with these options ticked:
*Total Rating
*Free

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Now im not shure about this but why do u need a script why cant you just use phpmyadmin it has the import option and a ton of others.

scylla

Reaction score
Because I've uploaded several split sql files in the past on x10, doing it that way takes forever but gives no problems. And there's scripts out there so I don't have to babysit my computer & manually upload over 20 files, since they can handle it for me.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
ok thanks for clarifying and i will look for a program to help

Last edited: