Looking for Dual Sim Phone

kaibayashi

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and thought I'd ask for some advice while i'm here :)

I'm looking at buying a new mobile phone which will take 2 sim cards. These are largely unavailable over here, but can be bought from China/Hong Kong through ebay etc. Many are cheaper versions/knock offs of things like iPhone/Samsung Tocco etc.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of any of these type of phones to look for/avoid?

Cheers,
K

sunils

Reaction score
There are dual sim phones in the market. If you can specify your country, i can suggest some names.

iMediums

Reaction score
Hey!

I've never seen / heard of these phones. Remind me, they have 2 SIM cards in at a time? Meaning two network connections, huh? Care to explain more please?

And I'm in the UK. Are they any available over here?

Regards,
iMediums

kaibayashi

Reaction score
There are dual sim phones in the market. If you can specify your country, i can suggest some names.

Hi Sunils, I'm in the UK, but it doesn't seem as if there are any available here, at least not from the major retailers. There seems to be quite a lot available vis import from China/HK on ebay, but I have no idea really whether these are any good or just cheap knockoffs??

Cheers :)

Monster12

Reaction score
I m not in UK, Though here dual sim phones from Bleu and spice mobile are popular.

But most of them have a restriction of one sim being CDMA and other GSM, There are very few which can have both GSM sims.

Also you can search for a dual sim adaptor for your model of nokia/htc etc on Google.

kaibayashi

Reaction score
cheers guys... i got something off ebay in the end... as you said Monster I have had probs using two sims (both o2 contract). weirdly they both worked fine when i was on holiday on france last week, but dont seem to work properly here...

Zangetsu

Reaction score
wao this is the first time ive heard of a dual sim phone,

whats wrong with a single sim phone ?