Looking into the cpanel vps

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Ok so i'm looking into getting a vps. I can make do with the openvz packages but I was wondering what exactly the cpanel packages cover. I know that you cover the following but have a few questions about these things.

• Initial Setup & Basic Security Q: Is this madatory and what exactly do you do
  • Apache\PHP Recompiles (cPanel Software Only) Q: does cpanel use separate apache/php from the rest of the website
  • Updating cPanel
  • Firewall Setup & Configuration (CSF Only) Q: im kindof new to the vps system so what does csf stand for and what is the firewall software that will be configured.
Additionally i was wondering if it was madatory with the cpanel package to have all of the managed things or if the staff could help with only some of these things so that I can do some of this myself. Any answers are appreciated, oh and are there any restrictions on the cpanel license.

Thanks,
Wiivsps3

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Well somebody else will need to answer most of your questions due to the fact that I do not use cPanel. I find that Webmin / Virtualmin (open source / free) fill all of my GUI / VPS management needs and are easier to use than cPanel IMHO. One thing that I can tell you is that VPS at x10hosting is unmanaged and no support is offered by staff beyond the initial VPS setup unless something breaks on their end, which is very, very rare.

Regards,
Carl

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and yes im actually happy about having to set up/maintain everything i'm just wondering what they cover as far and the cpanel things that are not very easy to find information about. I can run a server fine i was just looking to streamline some things that I feel take too much time with webmin/virtualmin that dont with cpanel. I can use either though and was just looking into my options at x10 because so far i have been very satisfied with your services.

Last edited: