Lost/confused settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipaweb

Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to have confused the system (or myself!) over the last few days. I had been off ill for some time and got a suspension and, I suspect, because of the time I was away my account had actually been deleted as I couldn't access the control panel. I was 'ipark' on the forum and 'ipax' on hosting but I seemed to lose the control panel. I thought I would try and set things back to 'normal' by using your script to execute a namechange so that I am 'ipaweb' on both systems. This, I think, has worked. However I did have a 'parked' domain (www.iainpaterson.me) under those previous settings and now (even though I can now access the cpanel etc so things have gotten better).

I can't seem to park my domain and I get this message:

Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: iainpaterson.me is owned by another user.

Have I just entered things incorrectly or is there another problem. Thanks.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It appears that the domain you're trying to add is added on another account that is currently suspended. If you login to the forum account linked to that account and request immediate deletion as you have a new account, you should then be able to add the domain to your new account.

Thanks.

ipaweb

Reaction score
Hello,

It appears that the domain you're trying to add is added on another account that is currently suspended. If you login to the forum account linked to that account and request immediate deletion as you have a new account, you should then be able to add the domain to your new account.

Thanks.

Sorry but when i was logged in as ipark/ipax I used the namechange script to change to ipaweb which sems to be working for me. I don't seem to be able to access the 'old' account any longer to delete it. Thanks.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that the old account is still hanging in there but is not linked to any forum account whatsoever. Our two options are to either re-link that account to your current account (which would get rid of the free hosting account currently linked to your account), or to delete the old account to free up that domain.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It was suspended on the 5th of this month, so the termination is probably imminent anyway. It would probably be best to leave it a few days, and check again then.

ipaweb

Reaction score
OK thanks I'll leave it til the end of the week and try again on Saturday. If that doesn't work I'll maybe ask you to delete the old account as i'd rather keep the 'ipawb' ID account running without the old account confusing the issue.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Feel free to PM me later in the week to remind me to check on this. :)
The problem is, you need to open a support ticket to request deletion of the account, and to do that it needs a forum username linked, which it doesn't have.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.