Lost faith in x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsinha54

Reaction score
I was introduced to x10hosting by a friend of mine.
He introduced me by saying its the best free hosting in this world and seriously when i started using it i also felt its the best with awesome support and cpanel no adds and high uptime.

But now i had started to loose not started already lost faith in x10hosting in a week 2 to 3 days server will be down only of any reason. I am not saying that maintain the server is not important it is but it should not cause alot of trouble to user. I hardly find my website online these days. Sometime its problem with chopin sometime servers are being shifted. But in short its the user who have to suffer.

I hope things will change gradually because i am college student who don't have any option rather than being on a free host. but i had lost trust i have stopped recommending x10hosting to my friends also.

Hope things gets ok soon

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Things will get better as always. Once the data center moves are finished and any minor problems are ironed out that is. Shouldn't be too long.

apohler1

Reaction score
Hi,

hopefully you are right Smith6612.

My website is to 90-95% not attainable for 4 weeks now.
Since 2 weeks loading times of my page and this forum are horror. :(
Email isn`t working for me longer than 4 weeks.

I know the staff is working hard, but so did I (and a lot of other users too I think).
All my advertising for my page (lost 9 big name affiliate partners in this 4 weeks too), the time I spent on it and all the web reputation I got with my work...
... has now been for the trash :(

Sure, we are using a free webspace, but somewhere we need to start to be able to get a paid host.
And I think it`s for the most of us to get 1st a free space (to make some money) and later a paid one.

However, I saw all the "Please delete my account" Threads, but now where I can already start from the beginning with my page advertising (as soon as x10 has fixed all problems)...
... I`ll stay with this hoster ;)

A lot of ppl have said it already, x10 is working hard and tries to keep us informed about what they are doing.

So let us have some more patience, guys.

Cya and have a nice day all

danprobo

Reaction score
Hi,

hopefully you are right Smith6612.

My website is to 90-95% not attainable for 4 weeks now.
Since 2 weeks loading times of my page and this forum are horror. :(
Email isn`t working for me longer than 4 weeks.

I know the staff is working hard, but so did I (and a lot of other users too I think).
All my advertising for my page (lost 9 big name affiliate partners in this 4 weeks too), the time I spent on it and all the web reputation I got with my work...
... has now been for the trash :(

Sure, we are using a free webspace, but somewhere we need to start to be able to get a paid host.
And I think it`s for the most of us to get 1st a free space (to make some money) and later a paid one.

However, I saw all the "Please delete my account" Threads, but now where I can already start from the beginning with my page advertising (as soon as x10 has fixed all problems)...
... I`ll stay with this hoster ;)

A lot of ppl have said it already, x10 is working hard and tries to keep us informed about what they are doing.

So let us have some more patience, guys.

Cya and have a nice day all

Yes I'm carious with my reputations now, but is OK, I will wait until all back to normal again :)

dreamweaver-prints

Reaction score
It is a little frustrating having so many server issues and downtime but it is a free service after all; i must say that i was using this as a trial run before committing any money to paid services and from my experience in the past 5 months i wouldnt pay for any services with x10 hosting. The amount of time the server is down is at a point where i would be losing money, but it was a good experience nevertheless. I dont mind the server being offline for an hour or two, but days on end is a little too much and currently ive not been able to access chopping or my site for 3 days now. From feedback ive had from people trying to access my site, most have said the site is inaccessible more often than not or loading times are terrible; the site i am working on is a small business venture and if most say the site is inaccessible then i have no business :)

I really hope things will improve soon or at least so that i can access my files so i can make a backup. Thanks for the experience though 8)

johannaelaine

Reaction score
As announcements have said, there is currently a data center move going on which accounts for free hosting's downtime. You happened to catch them at a bad time basically. With that being said, free and paid hosting are not the same and are treated differently. I have a paid account and I've not experienced any downtime. There has been one time that I could not access my site, and I highly suspect my internet provider and not x10. These guys are amazing and working hard to get things back to normal.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Wherever you go, free hosting will never be as good as paid hosting. In fact, free hosting could be constantly unreliable, constantly down (more or less), while paid hosting enjoyed skyrocketing speed, and uptime all year round. Why is that so you may ask? Well the answer is simple. Paid hosting brings money to the hosting company, while free hosting costs money to the hosting company. After that, it's simple math. Paying clients will always be better treated than free users.

dreamweaver-prints

Reaction score
thanks for the info and vote of confidence in x10, ultimately i will be paying so i hope the service is a lot better than what ive experienced.

basically im a noob currently working on my first website so i needed this experience, but it's been very frustrating not being able to access files or my site, and this seems to happen more often than not (in the past 5 months at least). thanks again, and to x10 :smile:

syntropy

Reaction score
I am also a free account user of x10hosting. I am also facing troubles with this data center moving.. but still I feel things will settle for good soon. I have used many few hosting sites (6 or more) and I must say this as far now is the best. I am planning to go for paid service soon with x10hosting. The support peple are great, the services offered in free hosting is just the best in market. and I am sure the paid service will also be good.

The experience I had in past few weeks (I am not an old user of x10hosting) I think I will be with x10hosting life long.

Cheers!!! to you guys, x10hosting.

theworkshop

Reaction score
my free account is for some reason also no longer accessible. I try to access the control panel and the same, it refuses to load. It looks to me like it's been deleted to be honest. I have logged on to the forum and all the rest but nothing. Anyone else finding the same "server not found" message I am???

I also considered upgrading to the pay version but I'm not convinced the down time will be any different. It isn't a good thing to leave free users out in the lurch if you are trying to convert them to paying users.

One other thing I did find was Google had branded all of the x10hosting web sites as "attack sites" and everyone trying to access my site got this unfriendly screen image...
screenshot1fi.png

I would hate to find out that might have been the cause of my site seeming to no longer exist particularly when I know I was not part of any such action at all.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
my free account is for some reason also no longer accessible. I try to access the control panel and the same, it refuses to load. It looks to me like it's been deleted to be honest. I have logged on to the forum and all the rest but nothing. Anyone else finding the same "server not found" message I am???

Hi theworkshop,

The servers are under move, So it is causing the issue to access account, check the news thread http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/115601-updates-upgrades-etc.html

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I also considered upgrading to the pay version but I'm not convinced the down time will be any different. It isn't a good thing to leave free users out in the lurch if you are trying to convert them to paying users.
Free hosting users and paying clients are most of the times two different categories. Most of the free users keep their free account, for various reasons. Also, in it's precedent upgrade, x10hosting decided to put more work in the free hosting part, but now x10 wants to have a good presence on all the facets of the hosting it proposes.
One other thing I did find was Google had branded all of the x10hosting web sites as "attack sites" and everyone trying to access my site got this unfriendly screen image...
screenshot1fi.png

I would hate to find out that might have been the cause of my site seeming to no longer exist particularly when I know I was not part of any such action at all.
There were some issues not long ago with the ad provided that x10hosting used, that caused all the websites related to x10hosting to display that warning.

Flashgear

Reaction score
The free hosting issues have been going on for years, i found it unbareable with the free hosting, yeah it's free, but when i could finally get paid hosting, i didn't bother with x10 because i thought it would be the same.

allofus

Reaction score
If you are not satisfied with what you are getting for free instead of spending time writing here and moaning about it I suggest you invest that time trying to find a better proposition elsewhere because you will have to look pretty darned hard and long.

I went from free x10 to paid x10 and yes there were the occasional downtimes on free but instead of moaning and groaning I communicated with the x10 staff directly and expressed my concerns and sought info about paid stabilities. It was explained to me that paid hosts are on different servers with smaller (much) loads and higher resource allotted to them. Abuse was also sited as a reason for much of the downtime and I know that the staff have done lots to make this burden far less.

As announcements have said, there is currently a data center move going on which accounts for free hosting's downtime. You happened to catch them at a bad time basically. With that being said, free and paid hosting are not the same and are treated differently. I have a paid account and I've not experienced any downtime. There has been one time that I could not access my site, and I highly suspect my internet provider and not x10. These guys are amazing and working hard to get things back to normal.

I agree completely as I have said already in this quote from my reply to the announcement
Corey I personally want to thank you for the time you have dedicated to our account in the past week or so. One-2-one support in real time instigated by you and seen through to the end is a genuinely decent thing to do and that is why x10 is the only host I will be using and the only host I recommend also.

x10 invest more time into the client experience than any other host I have had the misfortune to work with.

The free hosting issues have been going on for years, i found it unbareable with the free hosting, yeah it's free, but when i could finally get paid hosting, i didn't bother with x10 because i thought it would be the same.

There is a difference between thinking and assuming... Put it this way, was the paid hosting not reliable or good value, well maintained and supported I would not now be into a second year paid with every intention of renewing for a further year when the time comes. I personally cannot stress enough just how satisfied I am with the overall experience / relationship I have with x10.

Having had troubles with charlatan hosts in the past it was not a light decision to invest in several accounts for a year with x10, but it was a no-brainer the second year when it came to renewal.

xavier2000

Reaction score
hey give thease guys a break they work hard and i have tryed so many free hosting providers its not even funney and with all the server moves and down time thease guys are still the best to me.i just want to say thank you for all your hard work.

Flashgear

Reaction score
There is a difference between thinking and assuming... Put it this way, was the paid hosting not reliable or good value, well maintained and supported I would not now be into a second year paid with every intention of renewing for a further year when the time comes. I personally cannot stress enough just how satisfied I am with the overall experience / relationship I have with x10.

Having had troubles with charlatan hosts in the past it was not a light decision to invest in several accounts for a year with x10, but it was a no-brainer the second year when it came to renewal.

Put it this way, put you're account back down to x10 free then you'll see, this thread isn't about the x10paid is it. so what you've said is rather irrelevant ramblings.

I'm not here to flame x10 for there hosting, yes its free as i said, but i wouldn't use free hosting if things kept going down because of the amount of sites x10 host. regardless how good the support forums are.

allofus

Reaction score
Put it this way, put you're account back down to x10 free then you'll see, this thread isn't about the x10paid is it. so what you've said is rather irrelevant ramblings.

I'm not here to flame x10 for there hosting, yes its free as i said, but i wouldn't use free hosting if things kept going down because of the amount of sites x10 host. regardless how good the support forums are.

First of all...
Forum > x10Hosting > Feedback and Suggestions > Lost faith in x10hosting
This thread is about x10 and is not added to a 'free' specific area and is also related to recent downtime for ALL ACCOUNTS.

Irrelevant ramblings?

Suggesting that I use free hosting so I can experience the global downtime that also effected my accounts and has already passed is irrelevant advice and your attitude towards me and what I have written is only relevant because I have replied.

Unfortunately we all experienced some downtime, but fortunately we are now on higher spec servers and a couple of days down was worth it. More resources for all of us and at no extra cost. Free and Paid alike.

Cheap, broke or infant..... not my fault, get real.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Discussion on this Topic is over Now. Also the Problem has been sorted.

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.