Lots of DNS issues, change TTL

zapzack

Reaction score
I have noticed an increase in subdomain issues with new signups.. I think this is caused by the TTL of the DNS being set to 24 hours.. I think it would better to set it to a shorter amount.. The SOA refresh value is also set at 24 hours, which may cause the other slave nameservers to not get the updates fast.. Full report is here: http://dnssy.com/report.php?q=x10hosting.com

Edit: Corey fixed it.. It was an error with the second nameserver.. I still suggest you lower the TTL though..

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be nice but it's really no big deal =P.

Divinorum

Reaction score
I have noticed an increase in subdomain issues with new signups.. I think this is caused by the TTL of the DNS being set to 24 hours.. I think it would better to set it to a shorter amount.. The SOA refresh value is also set at 24 hours, which may cause the other slave nameservers to not get the updates fast.. Full report is here: http://dnssy.com/report.php?q=x10hosting.com

Edit: Corey fixed it.. It was an error with the second nameserver.. I still suggest you lower the TTL though..

Then it would increase the server load slightly, and us free users will have none of that. haha

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Used to show a load of services on paid hosting being offline ;)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

ZOMG Corey posted a one-liner!

But yea, I think service on the free servers is doing a bit better than service on the paid servers right now.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
ZOMG Corey posted a one-liner!

But yea, I think service on the free servers is doing a bit better than service on the paid servers right now.

I have the simple solution : Charge to use the Free service, & make Paid free! ;)