Lottery with more than one winner!

intenex

Reaction score
Hey, seeing all these raffle/jackpot threads around gave me the idea for my own, with slight twists.

Here's how this is going to work:

1 credit per entry, as many entries as you want.
Random.org seems to be the leading method of lottery picking, so that'll be the choice here as well.

There will be three winners:

1st Place will receive 60% of the entire pot,
2nd Place will receive 20% of the entire pot,
3rd Place will receive 10% of the entire pot,
and I will receive 10% of the entire pot.

(So if 10000 credits are entered,
1st place will receive 6000
2nd place will receive 2000
3rd place will receive 1000
and I will receive 1000)

No same person will be drawn twice, and I will post either screenshots or a Hypercam video recording of the drawing.

I will begin the pot off at 50 credits, so even if only 3 three people sign up with 1 credit each, they will be guaranteed either ~30, ~10, or ~5 credits back. I will not go back on my word here and cancel the lottery, so I'm putting my trust into the fact that you'll all trust me enough to chip in : D.

I wish there was more I could do to assure my honor here, but the best I can do is to give full permission for the deletion of my account by x10hosting if I fail to pay up. Best host I've ever had and I've just started a lovely site at intenex.org , so please don't try to get me banned without messaging me first, though :D. I'm hoping that after the first drawing or so enough people will trust me so that the drawing actually becomes profitable for me (I doubt I'll get anything from this first drawing, 500 credits will be needed just for me to break even =( ).

I'm going to wait a bit before putting up a definitive end date on this drawing (to get a little gauge on the turnout), but be assured that it will definitely be before the end of February.

Good luck and happy drawing : ).

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Haha, that's almost an exact duplicate of my thread xD.

intenex

Reaction score
Hm no, the basic idea is essentially the same, but everything else is different. Whereas you retain 25 percent of the earnings, I retain only 10. Whereas you choose only one winner, I choose three to better the chances of winning at minimal expense to the 1st place winner (60 percent as compared to 75). Whereas you have a set price for your raffle, prices for mine may be chosen at will.

Your post definitely influenced mine though, I won't deny that : D. It doesn't matter though, because the popular interest in raffles seems to have dwindled slowly downwards as people begin to become disillusioned with the prospect of winning. Hence, my effort here to better those odds.

intenex

Reaction score
Alright, stats have been updated.

Edit - Hm, can't seem to edit the first post anymore. Did the new forum change prohibit this?

Revision in rules - the fifty credits I donated to the pot will be given to the first 5 people to donate 50 or more credits, as my way to saying thanks for trusting in me enough to participate. Thus, HomerJ and noerrorsfound both have 60 tickets now.

Lottery Pot at 150 Credits.

1-60 --> HomerJ
61-120 --> noerrorsfound

If nothing changes in my schedule, this lottery will end in 1 week, on Tuesday the 26th of February, at 8 PM Central Time, which is GMT -6.

Last edited:

intenex

Reaction score
Received : )

Lottery Pot at 155 Credits.

1-60 --> HomerJ
61-120 --> noerrorsfound
121-125 --> Loneua Technologies

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
5 credits sent ^^
good luck to all

Salu2

intenex

Reaction score

Lottery Pot at 160 Credits.

1-60 --> HomerJ
61-120 --> noerrorsfound
126-130 --> GM Punk

intenex

Reaction score
Awesome extra 10 credits for you too, thanks : ).

Lottery Pot at 210 Credits.

1-60 --> HomerJ
61-120 --> noerrorsfound
126-130 --> GM Punk
131-190 --> b0bv1la

Ending at 8 PM CT on Tuesday the 26th.

Last edited:

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
sent 5 credits more XD
good luck to all, i hope win XD

Salu2

intenex

Reaction score
That's an interesting good luck.

Received : ), thanks.

Lottery Pot at 215 Credits.

1-60 --> HomerJ
61-120 --> noerrorsfound
126-130 --> GM Punk
131-190 --> b0bv1la
191-195 --> GM Punk

Ending at 8 PM CT on Tuesday the 26th.

intenex

Reaction score
Seeing as there hasn't been an entry in 4 days, I might as well end this contest 30 minutes early. Good luck : ). Thanks for playing, I really do appreciate it.

Lottery Pot at 215 credits.

1st place: 129 credits
2nd place: 43 credits
3rd place: 21.5 credits
me: 21.5 credits

And the winning numbers are:
1. 114 - noerrorsfound
2. 136 - b0bv1la
3. 42 - HomerJ

Congrats, and thanks again for playing :). Credits will be sent out now.

Video of the drawing here - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4929464153071347651

Last edited: