Lotus - Please Restore MYSQL database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As you should know this is unofficial support for members by members hence no one here can help you. You've already got a ticket so you'll just have to wait I'm afraid. Not the answer you was looking for however patience is a virtue.

Last edited:

dienden

Reaction score
I have a ticket sitting out there longer then that, but I know there is things going on but sheesh.

nothing worse then having space on a host and not being able to do anything with it as you cant log into c-pannel. I know I'm just blowing smoke here but *shakes head*

usector

Reaction score
Yea, I realize its not a support forum but thought I may be able to get a rough estimate. I am just in limbo not knowing whether or not I can get my MySQL Database from March 3rd. Lots of people are nagging me about it.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like with the dead hard drives, there is a whole lot going on right now. The main priority is going to be to fix the problem so that you don't lose anymore data, then they will get the data back. As far as I know, the dying drive is still installed on the server and the new data is still being transferred to the new drive.

usector

Reaction score
Yea, Corey posted an update and said ALL databases are backed up from March 4th. Which is great news for me.

Guess its just a case of waiting for them to get to the tickets. While I may be driving x10hosting nuts with these posts, I have people equally driving me nuts. Its a vicious cycle. :)

coolgbb

Reaction score
I am really sorry your webpages are not coming up but to be honest with ya you gotta backup your stuff and have a development site locally on your own system. If your data is not backed up in at least three places, you have no data at all. If you need help backing up your stuff I can give you a hand if you like and pretty sure you will get back your stuff if you give the guys here a chance and you gotta let your people know that you are using a free service so there is always a risk of loosing data, after all you are getting all this stuff for free.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
Ya i am leting x10 do there stuff. Look at the site again.

Last edited:

usector

Reaction score
I am really sorry your webpages are not coming up but to be honest with ya you gotta backup your stuff and have a development site locally on your own system. If your data is not backed up in at least three places, you have no data at all. If you need help backing up your stuff I can give you a hand if you like and pretty sure you will get back your stuff if you give the guys here a chance and you gotta let your people know that you are using a free service so there is always a risk of loosing data, after all you are getting all this stuff for free.

You are totally correct. However, in my sites case it is for a soccer league. No money is gained/lost from the site, and I didnt take a weekly backup. Usually I wouldnt worry as I would have kept the gamesheets, unfortunately they got thrown out in the trash.

And about the other person asking why they dont see the current data, as Corey said you have to open a ticket.

vol7ron

Reaction score
usector, some of us have had tickets opened for months. i would be happy if i received an answer in a week. what's worse is when they do respond fast (2-3 weeks) but don't fix anything, only ask you a question or tell you they're moving the request up to a higher level support...and then you wait another 2-3 weeks.

according to corey, their support system isn't so great. they have the staff, it's just not so easy to use the support software.

one thing i'm curious about is if i go paid, will that mean better support? i'd be willing to, but software that i need is not installed, so how can i trust it'd be installed when paying?

so to get back on point, yes corey said he has the backups of MySQL and related software from March 3rd. you're going to have to wait to get yours restored. Just in case though, it might help if you start asking the other teams if they recorded the stats and see if you could get it from them too.

usector

Reaction score
Months? Man, I hope I dont have to wait that long. Considering our playoffs are supposed to start next weekend!

Wish I could pay for priority support or something to get this sorted.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
usector, some of us have had tickets opened for months. i would be happy if i received an answer in a week. what's worse is when they do respond fast (2-3 weeks) but don't fix anything, only ask you a question or tell you they're moving the request up to a higher level support...and then you wait another 2-3 weeks.

according to corey, their support system isn't so great. they have the staff, it's just not so easy to use the support software.

one thing i'm curious about is if i go paid, will that mean better support? i'd be willing to, but software that i need is not installed, so how can i trust it'd be installed when paying?

so to get back on point, yes corey said he has the backups of MySQL and related software from March 3rd. you're going to have to wait to get yours restored. Just in case though, it might help if you start asking the other teams if they recorded the stats and see if you could get it from them too.

Paid is a lot better. Its on a different server, software that isn't available or activated, is more than likely there, or at least you have a better chance of having it there. Support is faster. As others have said in various threads "Support is better for paid because those people are helping to keep the business going"

Status
Not open for further replies.