LOTUS Server Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxdad37

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem accessing the Lotus Server? I have a site isptechs.x10hosting.com that is on the Lotus Server and I can't even get the CPanel to load. I can get to x10hosting.com and log into the account panel, but I can't get into the CPanel. It just keeps telling me the site timed out. I have tried from three different locations/networks.

Thanks,

Todd

motoxdad37

Reaction score
I read the news section before the post, but it didn't say anything about the server being completely down. So I was just trying to get some clarification. It is my understanding that this is the reason for the forums.

I didn't mean to break any forum rules and if I did I apologize, but man people can be really rude on these.

zen-r

Reaction score
No rules broken.

But you try reading several hundred posts similar to yours over the last few days & not reacting the same!

swapcool

Reaction score
I agree with motoxdad37 news section didn't say anything about the server being completely down and when we can expect it to be up again.

rjvilla

Reaction score
Unfortunantly, I'm suffering as well. Understand though this is a "best effort" service. This means they will do all they can to keep everything running, but there are no promises. That's the tradeoff we make when using a free host. I have to give these guys credit though, free hosts are hard to come by these days and even more are decent mechanisms for even asking questions and getting responses like we have here. As tough as it is, being patient here as they solve the issue they are working on will benefit us all in the long run.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thank you rjvilla, well said!

swapcool, you have been a member here longer than I have, so you should be able to read a thread by now.

How do you expect Corey to give an exact completion time? As he explained in the thread I linked to for you, a large server transfer process is under way. He is also being considerate enough to zip & backup all the members' existing files so that nothing should hopefully be lost.

What he did do is place a regular update in his first post, showing the transfer progress so that you can gauge for yourself how things are going & when they should complete.

He also posted this in the same thread ;

"Hi Guys,

We don't need updates as to what works and doesn't work here. Things will be on and off until we completely finish the transfers. We still have things to modify and configure on the new servers and plenty of issues from the move to clear up.

I will create a new thread in the news section when everything on our side is done and you can expect normal service levels again.

All transfers should be complete by the end of tomorrow. We have already started tackling transfer issues from Absolut and will continue to do so with the other servers as they finish up."

So what part of that didn't you understand?

The service here is usually excellent, & free. If it takes a bit of downtime to get things nicely ship-shape here again, I am more than happy.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, zener, you're doing an admirable job of keeping the support tickets submitted to a minimum. I don't know how many times I've seen you post stuff identical to this all over the forums to peoples various misplaced impatient questions.
Keep up the good work, and apply for a moderator position! :biggrin:

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe. I detect sarcasm! ;)

I usually try to be as polite as possible in these sort of posts, & admittedly this hasn't been my most tactful. But hey, I'm only human (& no-one's paying me for this!)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hehe. I detect sarcasm! ;)

I usually try to be as polite as possible in these sort of posts, & admittedly this hasn't been my most tactful. But hey, I'm only human (& no-one's paying me for this!)
Well, maybe just a little bit... :biggrin:

But seriously, I'd find it frustrating to do what you're doing. I'd probably just create one post explaining everything once and link every persons question back to that one post with no further explanation! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.