Mac/Apple fanboys

mraz

Reaction score
Hey,
Are there any Mac or Apple fans here?
I'm very much an Apple Fan.
Did a switch from windows to Mac for about a year now and no regrets from then on.

Personally i like the simplicity of Apple products and yet it's very interactive.
Of cos i agree that there are some applications that still works better on Windows but with VMware, I'm no way far from Windows when i need it and i have a Desktop running Windows as well for family use. :p

Owned Apple products

1. iPod Nano 1st Gen - dead baterry
2. iPhone 3Gs - gave away
3. iPhone 4 - Currently being used by my Girlfriend
4. Mac Mini mid 2007 - Plex Media Server/Center, connected to Main TV
5. iPhone 4S - Currently using
6. Macbook Pro 15" 2011 - I do almost everything here

Will probably invest myself on Apple routers or Time Machine(NAS) - thats about left in my Mac checklist :D

Do share your Mac/Apple gadgets and experience - i'm very keen to hear about it....

Of cos, if you have any questions about Mac or iOS, i'll try my best to share with my knowledge

We are all learning here...

Cheers!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I have 21.5 inch iMac and a rMBP.

mraz

Reaction score
I have 21.5 inch iMac and a rMBP.

That's cool!

I found that iMac works quieter than my Mac Mini 2007 which i have set up as a Plex Media Center/Server.

Would probably replace my existing desktop with an iMac when my family are more used with Mac systems. Will definitely save a a lot of space. :D

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Only Apple Products here are an iPad 2, an iPhone 4S (CDMA) and two iPod Touch 2nd Generation devices. No Mac computers here or other Apple equipment. Our PCs here either run Windows or Linux depending on what they're used for. My network is driven by a system that essentially contains netbook hardware and runs Linux, supplying my network with all required resources (DHCP, DNS Resolver, SNMP Host Management, etc) I need to run it.

Not a huge fan of Apple or their products and pricing, however I will say their iOS build despite being locked down is pretty unified. The devices iOS runs on are rather well built too.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Being a BSD geek, I started using a Mac with the advent of OS X. The access and control that BSD provides married to Mac's design strengths were a perfect combo. However, Apple's 180º turn towards closed platforms betrays its BSD heritage. At this point, I'll likely be heading back to FreeBSD for any new computers, and Android for handhelds.

gflash76

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a lot of flak for this, but I am pre-Intel pro-Mac. Sorry, but I have two iMac G4s and an eMac G4. Will upgrade to a G5 soon enough, but not beyond that.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a new IPAD. I don't like it.

I'm not anti-Mac, I just don't care for them. There is too much hype for what you get. And I hate the way things are portrayed as magical. Too emotive for me - computer's aren't voodoo they're cold electronics. Except when they get hot. But it's not witchcraft.

It's just marketing, and people being people are gullible enough to fall for it :-(

mraz

Reaction score
I have a new IPAD. I don't like it.

I'm not anti-Mac, I just don't care for them. There is too much hype for what you get. And I hate the way things are portrayed as magical. Too emotive for me - computer's aren't voodoo they're cold electronics. Except when they get hot. But it's not witchcraft.

It's just marketing, and people being people are gullible enough to fall for it :-(

you have the new iPad and you don't like it :confused:

I'm currently accepting donations - shipping fees will be covered...hehe... :wink:

gflash76

Reaction score
Hahaha, you just want anything handed and sent to you. LOL. :biggrin:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
you have the new iPad and you don't like it :confused:

I'm currently accepting donations - shipping fees will be covered...hehe... :wink:

Well taking the eBay principles of postage, that'll be ... 4..carry the 6... 864 USD. EXC tax.

I take cash, PayPal, visa, potage stamps, Jaffa cakes, and custard creams.

gflash76

Reaction score
I would have just asked for a money order too, but those can get cancelled. LOL.

mraz

Reaction score
oooh thank you so much....

i meant shipping fees will be covered by donators....

hahahahahaha kiddin eh, too early birthday present LOL.... :p

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I just think it could have been so much more - I disagree with the ecosystem: a lot of the apps and games you have to pay for everything, eg. CSR Racing. There is no way you could progress in a reasonable timeframe without paying for in-game cash/gold. There's a SimCity clone that once again you have to pay to progress unless you're happy sitting there for weeks with a primitive cave-man city.

I don't see why they couldn't have at least supported the basic print functions of standard networked printers. Mine has networking built in, but instead I've had to invest in FingerPrint to be able to print from the ipad.

All I really use it for is playing music and videos from my NAS device, now. And for watching movies on the train.

Oh, I DETEST iTunes on Windows, too.

AND it gets hot if the display brightness is turned up.

I am impressed how they've managed to fit so much on such a small circuit board, however. Credit where it's due...

Rant over. For now.

To conclude: I'm disappointed.

gflash76

Reaction score
Time for a revival... If I'm going to wait a bit to restart my free hosting account, then I'm going to do it in style...

Mac Nerds, rise up... :D:p

Owned Apple products (as of April 24th, 2020)
1. iMac (3.20 GHz Intel Core i5, Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) -- The new kid on the block
2. iPad (6th Gen, 128 GB, 2018)
3. MacBook Pro (2.40 GHz, 15-inch, Late 2008) -- My trusty warrior

4. iMac (2.66 GHz, 20-inch Early 2008)
5. iPhone 5s (Yeah, I know I'm way behind on this one... Should have an 8 by now, at least)
6. iMac (1.25 GHz, 17-inch USB 2.0)

Non-Apple owned products
1. HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (2.16GHz Intel Pentium N3540 Processor / Win 10 Education)

What ya got in this day and age?? :cool:

lylex10h

Reaction score
I use a 2012 iMac (2.9 GHZ i5, 27-inch, Catalina and Windows 10 Pro [most of the time:D])