Mad at x10hosting

marisf

Reaction score
As it looks like I'm forced to use this forum, I will use it to express my opinion
on x10hosting service, or better said, lack of service.

I created this account a couple of months ago for my girlfriend to host her website. Now she has lost a very good job opportunity because her account was suspended and the website unavailable, so the employer has not been able to check her works and curriculum.

What happened? Yes you know, we didn't login in this forum in a month. The warning messages were sent to the SPAM box. I'm pretty sure these is very common and probably I'm not the first person complaining about this. I don't care.

I know this is a free service. That doesn't prevent me from complaining. We all use hundreds of free services every day, and I can't come with just one that forces me to do some silly thing once every month in order to continue to use the service. Oh yes I can, x10hosting.com.

This is how you plan to encourage your users to purchase a paid account? Yes. Yes. I can't think of a better way to spend my money. Purchasing a service that, who knows! Maybe I'll have to perform three backflips every time I receive a warning e-mail, or I will be suspended.

Is criticizing the service a reason for account suspension?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This is how you plan to encourage your users to purchase a paid account?
It is a good idea to visit the forums at least once a month and read announcements. An inactivity timer is available for a very small cost if a user does not wish to login to the forums once a month - you do not have to purchase a paid account to avoid forum login.

Is criticizing the service a reason for account suspension?
Nope. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not our fault you did not read the terms of service when you signed up. It's called ignorance and it's no ones fault but your own.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It is not our fault you did not read the terms of service when you signed up. It's called ignorance and it's no ones fault but your own.

+1

Couldn't agree more, and it's not our fault that the emails went to the spam folder. Just unsuspend it and remember to log in once a month.

~Callum

slwdesign

Reaction score
You can always set up the forums page with you already logged into your account as a home page so when you get online, you're logged in. I was having the same issue, as I have a business to run and really didn't have the time to log in every month, so I did that...and doing it that way, you're forced to read what is going on, which in the long run, is a good thing. Just an idea.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You can always set up the forums page with you already logged into your account as a home page so when you get online, you're logged in. I was having the same issue, as I have a business to run and really didn't have the time to log in every month, so I did that...and doing it that way, you're forced to read what is going on, which in the long run, is a good thing. Just an idea.

We're friendly, why not just talk to us? :D

~Callum

slwdesign

Reaction score
I'm not the one with the problem. I've always come to you when I had an issue. I'm not the one who is upset. All I was doing was trying to help him with his issue.

binil

Reaction score
Admins.. please un-suspend the account... I am sure the user has now understood the TOS..

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Users who are suspended for inactivity can unsuspend themselves via the account panel. This rule is not to make money it is for two things.

1.) Users are responsible for keeping up to date on changes \ news, this forces people to hopefully at least login and read the news once a month. Is that too much to ask? Otherwise people get angry because things changed and we didn't tell them.

2.) If a user wants an account they'll login once every 31 days, if they don't want it, it will be suspended then removed freeing up space and resources for other users. It is a simple way to weed out people who do not want their accounts or do not use them. We have to pay for every single user that we have on the server, why should we keep accounts there if people do not really want them? Easy solution, make people login once a month if they want to keep them.

It is in the terms of service, you agreed to it, don't complain about it. Simple solution, if you do not agree don't sign up.

hutchbrew

Reaction score
I guess it makes sense why he would be upset in regards to his situation, but unfortunately it is his own responsibility to keep his own website going. If you get free stuff be thankful, and thank the developers who let us use their server space, really just imo.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You see, x10hosting offers for free features that a lot of other companies makes you pay for. However, this costs much more. So, to make sure that x10 is not paying for inactive accounts, you are required to login to prove that you are still using your free account. Oh and by the way, the x10premium and x10vps services are handled completely separately.

krofunk

Reaction score
I don't want to be rude but at the end of the day when he signed up for x10 I'm pretty sure you have to tick a box saying you have read and understood the TOC? ....he obviously didn't read it, which in my opinion means he shouldn't have received the service in the first place. (shame mice don't double as lie detectors :p)

rebmen

Reaction score

What a great idea! Thanks!

phantomsight2

Reaction score
I agree that suspension is solely the user's fault.

As inconvenient as it may be, rules are rules, and you clicked "agree".

Remember, nothing is truly free, and time is money. You'll spend one or the other, guaranteed.

nandifamily

Reaction score
And before you guys complain, see what fault you have done before saying anything. I have never received any problem with this service. I will switch to paid hosting once I turn 18 and have money.

myjiesky

Reaction score
login 1 time per month, that is easy, i will do if hosting work well, i will continue, thanks x10hosting..:wink:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
As for the TOS, I went through most of my staff career without fully reading it. It's basic common sense, But, neverless most people in our world lack it.

djilios

Reaction score
Hi marisf,

Edit: I have to agree with others, claiming ignorance gets you nowhere. Now you know, so it should no longer be an issue.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at lotus.x10hosting.com:2083.
It is true that Lotus has had some issues over the last couple of days. However it has been up and running without interruption for at least the last 4 or 5 hours,

Right now I am trying to delete my account, and I can't even login to the C-Panel to delete it LOL.
I just accessed lotus.x10hosting.com:2083 moments ago with Firefox so you should be able to login to your cPanel and attend to any business you have at this time.

Last edited: