magento "there has been an error processing your request"

caffei47

Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to install magento to an external db, and no mater whether I install it with scriptaculous and then edit the config files by hand, or I try to manually install it using the full install zip, every time that I point it to my external db host, I get the error "there has been an error processing your request. Exception printing has been disabled by default for security reasons"

I've scoured the internet, and the forum for this type of error, and come up with nothing... does anyone know what I need to do to get magento installed and running from my external db provider I hope?? Because I really rather need this program on my site...

Caffeinejunkiesinc.co.cc/store is the location of magento
Sql09.freemysq.net is the db provider with the username of mmd12 and the db is magstore
My x10hosting username is caffei47

I've tried everything under the sun to get this to work...even tried chmodding freaking everything in the store to everything even remotely plauzable for a solution... 775 777 644 and a few others that were recommended in various places

And sorry that this is another duplicate thread, but all the others posted here had no replies in them...

Please, if anyone knows how to get this manual install working, I really need it... it throws this error on the manual install right after you tell it the database information...you click what ever the button says...install or continue, and upon doing so, it throws this error...

caffei47

Reaction score
ok, I am willing to bet that the reason i have not gotten any replies to this topic is because you guys apparently do not support helping people whom use databases that you do not personally provide...so that said, and seeing that this is over two weeks old, and nobody has replied yet... could I please get someone to close this thread??

its a pointless thread at this point anyways, I did quite a bit of extensive research, and apparently there is no way to completely run it from an external db, you can connect to an external db, but not run it from one... so again, can I please get someone to close this thread for me... I have looked for a close thread button or option on my end, but if there is one, I am not seeing it...

I just hope that running things from an external db is not against you guys' policies... I did not read, or believe I read anything stating it was not allowed, but then again, you never really know...

I just hope that I am alright in doing so... because my site requires quite a few systems to be running on it, and each of them requires its own database, and right now, I believe that I have 5 systems running, and you guys only provide 2 databases in your free service... granted, at least at this time, they are not using much resources as far as I am aware... so it should be fine... the one system that I have noticed uses the largest amount of resources is my office system, and that is largely due to it being AJAX run...and that I discovered the hard way on Tuesday... I'd had a feeling it was AJAX powered, and I sadly discovered that then... but its fine, I'll just have to use it sparingly.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First of all, this forum isn't a support channel -- it's just user-to-user, and getting answers to your questions generally means having somebody drop by who happens to know a bit about what you're using (or trying to do with it). I don't typically look at Magento questions since I neither have nor want any experience with Magento. If you have a support issue, use the support system (file a ticket) and it will get some attention.

You can use your two MySQL databases to serve multiple applications by using table prefixes (usually an option in third-party software). You don't reduce activity by spreading it out over multiple databases; it just makes consolidation, replication and backup of individual applications (or application suites) easier, and it can help with database speed if you have a lot of data to work with.

Accessing outside servers in your server-side code is restricted. I don't know if that includes external SQL calls; I'm not an admin here, and I've never had a good reason to try it myself. But it does cut down on proxies and auto-content "SEO farm" applications. Proxies use server resources, blocking sites hosted on x10Hosting without actually using the hosting offered here, and content farms ruin the web for everybody by making search engines useless.

You need to keep in mind that the restrictions that have been put in place are there because other people have abused the system severely before you got here, and there are scads of people who sign up every day only to have their accounts immediately and permanently suspended for trying the same things. It's something you almost have to expect with a free service, even if you'd like to think better of human nature.