Magician Site

wolflock

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

I know that there is a heck load of sites that everyone wants opinions on and this is just another. But I would like to get some views and advice on my site. Remember that I am just a beginner with creating a site. Give me magic and I can make the impossible happen, but wesites...

Well, just give your views if possible please.
(I dont even know if you can view it just through my name. If yes, could a mod just remove the link that I am placing next as I dont know if it is against the rules or not.) Thank you.

www.thewolflock.com

Regards
Wolflock

(edit) Oh Crud! I really am an idiot at times. Wrong forum. Any possibility of moving this to the correct forum for me please.

Last edited:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
Very nice looking site, and easy to use. One thing to note though is at the bottom right of each page you list the copyright as belonging to both yourself and x10hosting. To the best of my knowledge x10hosting doesn't have any right to what we post on our pages, they just host it for us, so the copyright should only list yourself (unless you really have come to some agreement with x10hosting about shared copyright...) Also, your site doesn't indicate if you're local to just Africa or if you're able to do shows elsewhere. It would be quite disappointing to read all the great things that you can do, contact you for a show, and then find out that you're thousands of miles away and not available.

PS - Personally I'd love to see some videos posted, but that's just because I enjoy magic shows and want some free videos...

wolflock

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments.

I did not even see the copyright thing. Will go change it. Many thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I will see what I can do to word for where I perform too. I do perform overseas all the time. It just depends on if the place can afford the price.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to Review My Site.

eltonyliu

Reaction score
It looks pretty good, but your Menus and links look very 90s. I recommend you change the colour to #800000 which is the same as the red in your heading. I also think your change your :hover to a grey or grey blue colour. I think this will make your site look alot better.

wolflock

Reaction score
Any tips on how to change the hover?. Many thanks on the ode for the colour. I am also not happy with the colour of the menus. Thanks for the suggestions.

teamg1

Reaction score
I would have a menu across the top or down the side, but not both.

You can also put your menu into a table, then you can do borders and cell padding, and change the background color, so it looks more attractive, or you can use graphics that look like buttons.

wolflock

Reaction score
Hell. I am still a beginner at this. LOL. I dont even know how to change the menu or how to find and create a new one. But I am trying. Slowly but surely with playing around and getting help from you all here, I will get it to look good. Many thanks all.

eltonyliu

Reaction score
I notice that you took my advice and your whole text is now red.

To stop this from happening

a{
color: #800000;
}

instead of a:link and have your td what other color you like for the main body

or

you can add a id in your menu td ( To make the colour red for only menu)

<td id="topmenu">
<a href="index.html" >Home</a>
<a href = "about.html">About</a>
etc...
</td>

in your css

#topmenu a{
}

or if that dosen't work

#topmenu td a{
}

nb: do the same with side menu id="sidemenu"

or you can use class

<!--TopMenu--> These are comment in XHTML
<td class="menu">
etc...
</td>

<!--SideMenu-->
<td class="menu">
etc...
</td>

in your css

.topmenu a{
}

or

td.topmenu a{
}

I hope this helps and not too confusing, there is no set rule on how your website is built, but having said that web proffessional don't like table layout and mixing css style in HTML code.