mail() problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperBlade

Reaction score
Hey X10 Admins, I'd just like to know a few things:
Firstly, I've had my account (vbgm.x10hosting.com) deleted twice now, is there any way of getting my data back (some of the stuff there was quite important).
Secondly, I can't send E-mails via the "mail()" PHP function for some reason. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just doing something dumb :p

ViperBlade

(P.S, thanks for letting me host with you guys again. lol)

jaygreentree

Reaction score
ViperBlade said:
Hey X10 Admins, I'd just like to know a few things:
Firstly, I've had my account (vbgm.x10hosting.com) deleted twice now, is there any way of getting my data back (some of the stuff there was quite important).
Secondly, I can't send E-mails via the "mail()" PHP function for some reason. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just doing something dumb :p

ViperBlade

(P.S, thanks for letting me host with you guys again. lol)
When an account is terminated there is no way of getting your files/contents back because your "root" folder is removed from the system and all backups are also removed. This is why they reccomend you keep backups for your self on your computer or another server.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
As for your mail issue ... you asked :

ViperBlade said:
Has anyone else had this problem or am I just doing something dumb :p

Um, well ... you could answer your own question by searching the forum for mail, sendmail, php-mail issues. I bet you will find some recent posts as well.

Last edited:

ViperBlade

Reaction score
@jaygreentree: 1. Thanks for being the first to reply,
2. I didn't think they'd have any backups, but I thought it best to ask. I formatted recently so I lost that particular info.

@StarShine: Yeh, I did have a brief check, but found nothing overly useful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.