Mail Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcafex10

Reaction score
i'd like to setup a redirect on my DNS zones so that my admins can go to mail.mydomain.org to access website related mail. Where would i need to point my redirect to?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
not sure what you are trying to do with "setup a redirect on my DNS zones"...

Anyone can use Webmail in a browser or a Email client on their computer to access your Email address - if they know the password

interne3

Reaction score
@bdistler Hope you don't mind me saying, however...

Look at the last part: "so that my admins can go to mail.mydomain.org to access website related mail. Where would i need to point my redirect to?" Well, @gcafex10, I will certainly try to help you the best I can.

If you want to do mail.mydomain.org, here's how to set up the domain...
1. Login to your x10Hosting Control Panel.
2. If you are using cPanel, go to the domains section, click on Subdomains, then add in the mail.mydomain.org you want. For x10Hosting Basic, go to the domains section in the menu, and then go to Add Domain, select Subdomain in the drop-down box, then add the domain desired.

Here's how to set everything else up...
1. If you wanted to do website related mail, you could create an email that looked something like this: admins@mydomain.org. If you ran out of emails, you can go to Gmail, Yahoo, or something and create something like admins.yourwebsitename@yahoo.com or admins.yourwebsitename@gmail.com.
2. Download a web mail platform. My recommendation is Roundcube because the GUI is simple, while retaining most controls anyone will want. As I know of, there is one more. SquirrelMail (mind me if I spell it wrong) has HTML based mail, but the GUI, in my opinion, just looks slopped up, however, you may feel different.
3. Install it on your mail.mydomain.org by going to your public_html\mail folder and uploading all your RoundCube/SquirrelMail files to that folder and visitng mail.yourdomain.org to complete the setup process.
4. You're done! Now your Staff Members / Admins can login to mail.yourdomain.org using that email address you setup in the install.

I hope this works. I'm sorry that this is so long, but I wanted to go into detail. Please reply back if there are any problems, questions, or if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.