Mail Script?

maryadav

Reaction score
I've been using a mail form script found on this page: http://www.tectite.com

However I'm having problems getting that to work. Is there anything special I need to do?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can we assume that you used the configuration wizard? If so, what settings did you use?

There are some restrictions on mail here. Perhaps the one that has the biggest effect is that you aren't allowed to "spoof" the sender (the From header). So you can't have the email appear to come from your user(s); it has to be sent From an email account belonging to your hosting account. You can set the ReplyTo header, though, so that you can reply directly to your users, and you can add their user name/email address to the mail body so it's easier for you to keep track of who you're replying to.

maryadav

Reaction score
Turned out it was still accessing my old site. Ouch! Got it to work. I do like that script however; it's not like my old one but it does the job (and does a decent job of mangling my email so gives spambots a headache)

I just won't ask the script to show the other guy's email. :D

And before you ask, I did the config by hand. I don't have a lot of money, but it's not hard to do.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I actually made the "wizard" assumption based on the fact that you'd just moved from an ASP environment to a PHP environment and might not be comfortable enough with PHP to do production stuff quite yet. No, it's not difficult, but a surprisingly large number of people are really intimidated by new things, even when those new things are simple (and often in their non-computer lives they do things with ease that I find baffling). Glad to hear you figured it out—that's the kind of thing you can stare at all day without seeing because it was right the day before yesterday.

jayanta1

Banned
Reaction score
Mail Scripts is a collection of AppleScript Studio applications for Mail and Address Book offering additional features or simplified workflow.A simple text string is the most basic example of the way a mail script works. Example:

<mail_script>
template.print("Incident number - " + current.number + "\n");
</mail_script>

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Mail Scripts is a collection of AppleScript Studio applications for Mail and Address Book offering additional features or simplified workflow.A simple text string is the most basic example of the way a mail script works. Example:

<mail_script>
template.print("Incident number - " + current.number + "\n");
</mail_script>

Please don't revive old threads; it pops them to the top and marks them unread for other users for no good reason. That can interfere with currently-active threads for which the user still needs an answer. And don't post irrelevant information—this thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with Applescript.